I big chopped my hair

NubianCurls

:grin: Yup I did it, I didnt stick to my plan. Truth is I wasnt able to take it any longer!!!

How do I feel? Ummm kinda relaxed coz I can call myself natural but am also confused about my hair textures, yup textures. I need to take photos for you ladies so tomorrow I PROMISE to update you with pics.

What do I need to do? Now I have to change my products, I have to buy curly products. Experiment, experiment and more experiment. I don't know but I can't see much curls in my hair. My curls are in a meduim S pattern. So I wont even call it curl lol but on my hairline around my head the hair is more of a dry pattern it could be heat damage or one of these texture is scab hair. Only time can tell.

I'm also going to stop using anything that might or does alert the texture of natural hair, that's included but not limited to Amla oil, Wild Gro Oil, Henna, msm, parsely herbs/pills..

I will come back and post pics :)

Congrats on your BC!

What do I need to do? Now I have to change my products, I have to buy curly products. Experiment, experiment and more experiment. I don't know but I can't see much curls in my hair.

You don't need to change your products just because you chopped. What has been working for you up until now? It's still going to work. The product doesn't know your relaxed ends are gone :lachen:.

At this point, just enjoy your hair for a moment. Cowash and go for awhile. Stay simple.

Welcome to the club! Enjoy getting to know all the fabulous textures on your head. Even when I was relaxed, I really liked touching the coils of my new growth.

I didn't know amla oil changed the texture of hair.

Congrats! I see a lot of ladies are taking the plunge.

Like msa said, the same products that you've been using should still work for you. I BC'ed a month ago, and I've been cowashing everyday and using my same leave-ins and products from before.

NubianCurls,

Congratulations on your decision to big chop and go natural! Hope you enjoy your natural hair journey!

Take care,
Poohbear

Okay ladies here are the pics, so sorry for the delay I don't know why but the site was down when I came to post pics.

I love it a lot, I have some little permed ends which I'm cutting whenever I notice 'em..

I went and bought me kinky curly from honey fig today and oh my god its expensive so I will use a little bit of it ONLY when am going out lol. I was going to get me a mixed chicks product but the sweet lady said it had alcohol in it :ohwell:
I'm just craving curly products a lot.

Okay here is the pic of my big chop and one of my transition.

Thank you all for replying me, NOW I can't wait for summer

Attachments

• transition.jpg
    transition.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Snapshot_20090527_4.jpg
    Snapshot_20090527_4.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Snapshot_20090527_6.jpg
    Snapshot_20090527_6.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Snapshot_20090527_7.jpg
    Snapshot_20090527_7.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 116
Okay ladies here are the pics, so sorry for the delay I don't know why but the site was down when I came to post pics.

I love it a lot, I have some little permed ends which I'm cutting whenever I notice 'em..

I went and bought me kinky curly from honey fig today and oh my god its expensive so I will use a little bit of it ONLY when am going out lol. I was going to get me a mixed chicks product but the sweet lady said it had alcohol in it :ohwell:
I'm just craving curly products a lot.

Okay here is the pic of my big chop and one of my transition.

Thank you all for replying me, NOW I can't wait for summer

Looks good. How long did you transition?

Back