I am very happy today

brickhouse

The reason for my joy is that I went 11wks before I got a touchup. This is a first for me. Before I found this board I would go only 5wks. Today I just switched from no lye fiberguard to fiberguard with lye and my hair is loving it. I was a little scared because I have scalp issues. I have seb dermatitis. It didn't burn and I use regular strength. Thanks to everyone who helped with the switch and the advice. My hair looks beautiful and the sides come to the top of my armpit. Somebody asked me what I was doing because my hair was growing like wildflowers and then she said she get a touchup every 5 wks but she wanted to get them every 4 wks. I haven't seen my hairdresser since Dec and it does not appears that her hair has grown at all but she did state she perm every 4 wks. She was perming and trimming my hair every 5 wks when I did not know any better. My only complaint is the rattail comb she used and the way she was combing through my new growth while she was basing my scalp.
angry2.gif
I was stopping traffic on my way home. She gave me a doobie wrap and curled it with the hot curler. She also trimmed about an inch but I am still about 2-3 inches from brastrap in the back. I really appreciate each and everyone of my LHCF sisters and God for making this happen.
smile.gif

Thanks soulchild. The only thing that saddens me is that I will be going back to my protective styles at least until I reach my goal but my hair is so beautiful that I was stopping traffic.
grin.gif

Thanks betty, I am really encouraged to keep on going or shall we say growing. I was beginning to get discouraged because the new growth had started to become unmanageable and my hair kept shedding but I guess shedding is normal in the winter because now it seems very healthy. I made sure she thoroughly rinsed the relaxer and correctly applied the normalizer. I was afraid of loosing my hair when i swithched to lye.

Thanks Chocolate and by the way your hair is gorgeous and mine is to. Thanks for suggesting the regular lye. I did not want to lose my hair.

I love a good touch up story! I'm toiling through week 7 post touchup, and it feels like the valley of the shadow when I'm detangling. Give us some tips on how you managed the new growth, brickhouse.

yes tips please. I'm right at 6 weeks and I think I have more new growth then usual but I'm not sure. It's starting to get a little rough. I want to 11 weeks.

Thanks CH,Honi,armyqt,Labett,megonw,cutebajangirl and keylargo. You are asking me for tips. I am very flattered because w/o you all I would have never been able to go that long. But here goes, I wash on Wed and Sun and before I wazh I do a pre treatment with lekair shea butter cholesterol creme. It gives mad slip. Since I have seb dermatitis I have to use Nizoal Rx strength followed by Keracare hydrating detangling poo which is followed by Affirm 5-n-1 or GPB for 30 mins followed by Humecto. I use pantene light detangling spray and sometimes Infusium 23 and the best thing that really flatten my new growth was pure coconut oil and wgo. They carried me the rest of the way. I hope everybody meet their hair goals are come close to it. I was really worried about switching from no lye to lye. I kept asking my stylist is all my hair going down the drain. Can you say paranoid.
rofl.gif

Congrats to you Brickhouse. You and I have about the same length. You know whats exciting? When you have alot of new growth yet you can still see the change in length of your hair. Thats where I am right now. I am at 7 weeks post relaxer and only holding out for another week but I kid you not I can see my hair just trailing down to touch that bra strap even with this bush at my roots.....LOL
smile.gif
I have been growing my hair for 1 year and 10 months now and I started out at shoulder length so I think my hair grows very average because I know people who have achieved shoulder length to bra strap length in less than a year. I am still very grateful for my beautiful long black hair and I,just like you, thank God for it. Afterall wasnt it God that said long hair is a womans crowning glory?

Tee Tee

Thanks hairlove, I look at your album and your hair is beautiful. Keep up the good work and thanks Miss Brown, Tee Tee and kjames.

Hiza, I looked at your album and your hair is gorgeous. Thanks so much.

Last but certainly not least my friend erica. You are my twin. Thanks so much for the encouragement and support.

Back