I am still struggling

with what is the best setting lotion for me to use on my hair. I have tried Keracare (regular and foam wrap) = made my hair too hard and it can't be diluted in the spraybottle

Lottabody = no matter how much I dilute it, it flakes

Motions foam wrap = gives me a residue

Ok ladies I'm at my wits end, what should I do????:cry3:

I know a lot of people on here don't like Pantene R/N, but try their wrap and set lotion! It makes my curls soft but they still last, and it smells good!

Okie dokie, hopefully you'll find what works. I left setting lotions and foam alone a long time ago. The last ones I used was Silk or Like Silk by Elasta QP and I really like those because it didn't leave my curls crunchy, I hate that.
pink_n_green_iz_me said:
That doesn't lock in the curls for me, i've tried that before

I agree, I actually made my own because I like to soften up my results from fantasia IC sparkets gel.
I would suggest you try the IC sparkelts for sets tho and soften it with some oil . that or no setting lotion or gel at all, it really is not always needed exp for braidouts.

If you really want to use a setting lotion or foam, I would recommend Silk Elements. My old hairdresser use to use that and my curls were always soft. The other option (something I just started doing), set the hair with leave in and right after pincurl your hair. This is good especially if you want your curls to last. I pincurl mine every night, put on a satin bonnet, and in the morning just take them down and I have curls.

Cutiepie7691 said:
If you really want to use a setting lotion or foam, I would recommend Silk Elements. My old hairdresser use to use that and my curls were always soft. The other option (something I just started doing), set the hair with leave in and right after pincurl your hair. This is good especially if you want your curls to last. I pincurl mine every night, put on a satin bonnet, and in the morning just take them down and I have curls.

Well, i've tried to pincurl my hair before and slept in my silk bonnet and when i took the curls out, all my hair was flipped and looked nothing like a rollerset/wrap. I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong with those pincurls, no matter which way I twist them, they always come out flipped up.

I'll try Silk Elements, I've heard good things about that line.

Back