I am so frustrated with my hair ladies! Am I just being impatient?

LocksOfLuV said:
Hey HoneyD,
I know this is not what you probably wanna hear but stop trimming so much (unless you have splits). I personally would hold off on trying to have blunt hair and just focus on growing and retaining.

I concur. :)

Have you thought of trying the baggie method? I understand your frustration, I feel that way myself sometimes.

EMJazzy said:
Have you thought of trying the baggie method? I understand your frustration, I feel that way myself sometimes.

I have never thought of that. I saw a tutorial on it a long time ago in DSD's album, but I never tried it myself. Don't you have to use a phony pony? I can never get into those and I think that's why I never tried that method.

LocksOfLuV said:
Hey HoneyD,
I know this is not what you probably wanna hear but stop trimming so much (unless you have splits). I personally would hold off on trying to have blunt hair and just focus on growing and retaining.

I know! I need to stop. Everytime I challenge myself not to trim, I do it anyway. :look: I am a trim junkie.

I am going to do a rollerset on Saturday. I know this will be easier on wet hair, but tonight I tried to put the rollers in on dry hair to see how I will try to start.

I spent an hour on this yall! I tried the wire mesh w/o the brush in the middle, I tried the hard mesh and the Snap-On Magnetic Rollers (anyone use those?). I think I like the ones with the snap on cap. I was able to make them stay in. I am just afraid that they may leave roller marks. I am going to try it anyway.

I am also going to give my hair some TLC before the set. My hair was doing well while I used Henna. I just got tired of the mess. I need to BUCK UP and give myself a treatment.

HoneyDew said:
I have never thought of that. I saw a tutorial on it a long time ago in DSD's album, but I never tried it myself. Don't you have to use a phony pony? I can never get into those and I think that's why I never tried that method.

I know! I need to stop. Everytime I challenge myself not to trim, I do it anyway. :look: I am a trim junkie.

I am going to do a rollerset on Saturday. I know this will be easier on wet hair, but tonight I tried to put the rollers in on dry hair to see how I will try to start.

I spent an hour on this yall! I tried the wire mesh w/o the brush in the middle, I tried the hard mesh and the Snap-On Magnetic Rollers (anyone use those?). I think I like the ones with the snap on cap. I was able to make them stay in. I am just afraid that they may leave roller marks. I am going to try it anyway.

I am also going to give my hair some TLC before the set. My hair was doing well while I used Henna. I just got tired of the mess. I need to BUCK UP and give myself a treatment.

I use the rollers with the clamps. They do leave prints. Some people use hair pins though. I never tried those though.

I know that I can not go too long without trimming. Also, the less heat you use, the better.....at least that is what worked for me.

Be patient!!!!

WOW-

It's hard to see you frustrated bcuz you have been so encouraging to others including me!

I thought you were getting good results w/ MN- as a matter of fact, you are the reason I am doing MN.

The trimming may be a bit of excess. Try not to do that so much. Also the protective styles/baggies have helped me quite a bit- maybe it will do the same for you.

And remember this is a 'life-changing' process, not a 'microwave' solution.

As we love our hair, it will love us back (more latter than sooner!).

Hang in there, HoneyD!

Honeydew I feel your pain! I am going through similar frustration. You seem to have identified your issues though. Hang in there and keep at it. We can grow together!

Girl we have all been there. I was feeling this way recently too. I just think we get the hair blues. It seems a man's hair will grow so fast.

Honeydew just take a deep breath and think about things that may or may not be working for your hair. I found out that doing the baggie method did more damage for my ends then good. So I stopped that real quick. Now I just moisturize my hair in the AM and PM and seal it with keracare silken seal (great stuff). Also if u have a hair dryer, I have noticed a difference in how my hair looks (ends) when I sit under the hair dryer w/ a leave in as oppose to just air drying. I never blow dry but believe me the hair dryer does wonders. I know its tough when u dont see results I had micros for 3 1/2 years and felt like I did more damage than good. Just take your time it will work out. We are all pullin for you and hope you make it thru this

M J said:
WOW-

It's hard to see you frustrated bcuz you have been so encouraging to others including me!

I thought you were getting good results w/ MN- as a matter of fact, you are the reason I am doing MN.

The trimming may be a bit of excess. Try not to do that so much. Also the protective styles/baggies have helped me quite a bit- maybe it will do the same for you.

And remember this is a 'life-changing' process, not a 'microwave' solution.

As we love our hair, it will love us back (more latter than sooner!).

Hang in there, HoneyD!

I was getting faster growth with MN, but I don't know, I just lost interest in it. Last week I started using an oil mixture with sulphur powder in it. We'll see how that goes.

Honestly, I guess my pride is at work here. I'd like to say I can get the growth I want alone without any help.

I think I was PMS'ing yall. My hair problems are here and I am trying my best to work on them, but it was just really getting to me when I posted this message. A few days after that, my "visitor" came. I feel much better now, even though my hair issues are still here. I don't know. It seems like we all go through it.

I still feel like cutting my man's hair in his sleep, though. :D

Glad you are feeling better. I am the same way the day or two before my "visitor" comes. I've always thought that you and your hair are very pretty.

Glad that you are feeling better, Honeydew. I personally think that your hair is very pretty. I am using a oil with sulfur mix myself at present along with cornrowing and wigging it and i have seen some progress. I think the weekly henna treatments are helping as well.

Back