I am no longer a transitioner.........

NewYorkgyrl

cause I did the BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of myself.

I was in bit of shock when I saw how short my hair was considering how long I have been transitioning. I guess my hair really grows slow. Hopefully with the relaxed ends gone I can take even better care of my hair so that it can grow.

Thanks to ALL of the natural ladies on this forum for inspiring me to go natural. I would have never done this if I did not join this forum. You ladies taught me to have a better appreciation and love for my natural hair. I would also like to thank the transitioners as well because the transitioners threads were helpful.

And to ALL the ladies on LHCF thanks alot because my relaxed hair was growing healthy and long. I have learned alot about how to better care for my hair. Now I need to really put that knowledge in to use so that I can grow my natural hair.

The pics are in my album http://public.fotki.com/NewYorkgyrl/
(password in profile)

Congratulations to my hair twin!!!! Please let me know how much you like being totally natural now. Maybe you'll inspire me to end my transition and BC too!

P.S. I can't open your album with your pw so I can't view your pics! Is the pw still the same?

P.P.S. Never mind. It's case sensitive -- duh! It looks great! You did a good job and you've still got a lot of hair there. Have fun with your new look!

Last edited:
Robin41 said:
Congratulations to my hair twin!!!! Please let me know how much you like being totally natural now. Maybe you'll inspire me to end my transition and BC too!

P.S. I can't open your album with your pw so I can't view your pics! Is the pw still the same?

P.P.S. Never mind. It's case sensitive -- duh! It looks great! You did a good job and you've still got a lot of hair there. Have fun with your new look!

Thanks so much. I can tell you that right now I am feeling pretty good about my hair. I will let you know how much better I feel after about a week or so. It takes some getting use to. But I am NOT going back the other way. I refuse.

Thanks!!!

In the pics with of me doing the BC I had conditioner in my hair that was drying up. I actually re-wet my head and went to sleep with the conditioner in my hair. I woke up this morning washed it out and put some leave in: Giovanni Direct and Cantu Shea Butter. That's it.

I want to try curl pudding next week to see what the hype is about...

Oh yeah I did a co-wash not my regular wash. I used VO5 strawberries and creme (it's the best)

ETA: I had to look on my dresser to see all the things I had put in my hair this morning...it was a little of the two leave ins and then a moisturizer (Organic Best Curl keeper...it did not work well at moisturizing during the transition but it seems to be working well now)

Last edited:
intellect_sensual said:
Your natural hair looks beautiful on you. You are right, God doesnot make mistakes.

Thank you.
I am looking at you siggy. I find myself quoting Bob Marley alot lately. That has to be the most inspiring line of that song.

Your hair looks FAB!!! It seems to have grown LOADS and you look really happy!!!

eta: It also looks really soft and managable, was it easier to manage after the BC as opposed to whilst you were transitioning?

KissKiss said:
Your hair looks FAB!!! It seems to have grown LOADS and you look really happy!!!

eta: It also looks really soft and managable, was it easier to manage after the BC as opposed to whilst you were transitioning?

HECK YES!!!!!! LOL It is soooo much easier. Makes me feel like I should have chopped alot sooner if it meant not having to have such a hard time with my transitioing hair. Detangling is so much easier now and my hair is staying moisturized and before my hair just would not under any circumstances stay moisturized (at least it always looked dry). Doing the BC seemed to cure all of that. But I'll see how the rest of the week goes.

Back