I am new to the game...

hottopic

Hi everyone,
I look at these pictures and think there is hope. Is there any beginners tip for me or do I have to do trial and error. I already started, but hardly see any progress....Any tips??...My type hair is 4/a or 4/b and I relax my hair with lye <font color="orange"> </font> /images/graemlins/drunk.gif(just started heard it was better), because no-lye breaks my hair....Once again, I can not wait to start and make some new friends.....

Welcome aboard Hottopic! /images/graemlins/wave.gif Don't worry, I still feel rather clueless in a lot of things but I also feel quite knowledgeable in a lot too, thanks to the forum. You'll catch up in no time.

Have you seen the thread whose link I give below? It probably is a good place as any to start. Also, any of the books recommended on the home page link sort of give a good overview/intro so that you can then use the forum to zero in on the details you still need explained. I had read Cathy Howse's book before joining the forum and I think it helped me not feel overwhelmed by all the info available here.

Here's a good thread for beginners:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/643410/an//page/0#643410

Welcome hottopic! I'm pretty new here too! Maybe we'll be hair buddies in the long journey down to BSL! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

64.gif

Welcome aboard newbie! /images/graemlins/wave.gif You'll learn a lot here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Sorry I can't answer any of your questions becuase I too am still learning all that I can about what works for my hair and what doesn't. Anyways, happy growing!!! /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

Welcome!! I would suggest being patient with your hair, and handling it gently. Like Nonie, I also read Cathy Howes book when I first joined the board, and purchased her products. I use her deep conditioner and moisturizer constantly. I also went and read all the old posts to familarize myself with things, and that helped alot. I am sure that you will get more info soon. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thank you girl....very helpful link.... <font color="yellow"> </font> <font color="pink"> </font>

Question: I made this post once and don't remember how to make another post...how can I make another post to ask question....Sorry if this is a simple question, but I searched and searched and can not find the link to make a new post...
Thanks

The link says 'Post' it is towards the top, when you are on the Hair Care Tips board.

Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards &gt;&gt; Hair Care Tips and Product Review Discussion Post Previous Index Next

[ QUOTE ]
hottopic said:
Question: I made this post once and don't remember how to make another post...how can I make another post to ask question....Sorry if this is a simple question, but I searched and searched and can not find the link to make a new post...
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello! /images/graemlins/wave.gifWelcome /images/graemlins/newbie.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

Back