I AM HATING SHOULDER LENGTH!! lool

SimpleKomplexity

I really dunno what it is. :perplexed:ohwell: Maybe it's the stretching. (I'm 9 weeks post)Maybe it's the products. (BB Lotion and WHO) Maybe it's how I am using the products (everyday) but ughhhH!! One day little breakage and the next 3 days many many many tiny broken hairs everytime I run the comb through my hair:wallbash::wallbash:....maybe it's the comb. What is a K cutter and what is a seamless comb? The orange combs in the hair supply store? Someone mentioned it to me earlier. But anyway I am collarbone/shoulder length I using the rollerset method but one a few days I want to have a protective styles some days until I get about 2 or 3 inches past my shoulders, because it just breaks off at my shoulders. I have been shoulder length my entire life. I can tell my hair is trying to grow. A few strands are getting very close to APL....but the rest break off....

Is there any help for protective syles for the thin and shoulder length?! All the ones I see are meant for thicker APL hair or longer...someone help the newbie....:nono::nono: Lawd knows I need to be hair trained....

I don't know if this would pass for a protective style, but when my hair relaxed and just long enough to create a bob that framed my face, I loved to either smooth it all back and put in a single braid that I'd tuck under, or I'd cross wrap and after crossing over at the back, I'd tuck the hair under the opposite side and pin it under. So the ends would be hidden. Both dos would look like this:
shorthairoct2000noface-vi.jpg

While it looked like you had really short hair, I loved how neat it looked (Think ballet dancer tidy!) and it was a nice change from wearing a bob.

Girl, get yourself a couple of packs of Good Hair Days pins from Sally's, pin your hair up into a "bun" or french roll and leave it alone. :yep: Your post says to me that you are doing too much and should try low-manipulation. Try moisturizing every other day. Overuse of product also can break the hair. Fine hair doesn't need much

HTH :)

phony ponys have been working for me so far. especially in this winter season. but it can be a drag sometimes. i really want to use my real hair in a protective style but can't cuz it's too short to do anything interesting.

Phony Ponies, The Mane Clip, or wear half wigs/falls.
STOP COMBING YOUR HAIR!!!
STOP BRUSHING YOUR HAIR!!!
KEEP YOUR HAIR UP & AWAY FROM YOUR CLOTHES!!!
SLEEP ON SATIN/SILK.
Your problems should be solved. I promise!!!
Went through the same thing so I know.

I really dunno what it is. :perplexed:ohwell: Maybe it's the stretching. (I'm 9 weeks post)Maybe it's the products. (BB Lotion and WHO) Maybe it's how I am using the products (everyday) but ughhhH!! One day little breakage and the next 3 days many many many tiny broken hairs everytime I run the comb through my hair:wallbash::wallbash:....maybe it's the comb. What is a K cutter and what is a seamless comb? The orange combs in the hair supply store? Someone mentioned it to me earlier. But anyway I am collarbone/shoulder length I using the rollerset method but one a few days I want to have a protective styles some days until I get about 2 or 3 inches past my shoulders, because it just breaks off at my shoulders. I have been shoulder length my entire life. I can tell my hair is trying to grow. A few strands are getting very close to APL....but the rest break off....

Is there any help for protective syles for the thin and shoulder length?! All the ones I see are meant for thicker APL hair or longer...someone help the newbie....:nono::nono: Lawd knows I need to be hair trained....

I wish I could hate SL!!! :lachen:

Phony Ponies, The Mane Clip, or wear half wigs/falls.

STOP COMBING YOUR HAIR!!!

STOP BRUSHING YOUR HAIR!!!

KEEP YOUR HAIR UP & AWAY FROM YOUR CLOTHES!!!

SLEEP ON SATIN/SILK.

Your problems should be solved. I promise!!!

Went through the same thing so I know.

I agree with this. After a certain point, I just finger comb my hair and don't comb it. One has to do that when dealing with ng.

Last edited:
You mentioned breakage. Do you do protein treatments? Aphogee? When I started my hair journey, that was the one thing I did that made a BIG diff. in my hair.

Everyday BB moisturizer and oil? Does your hair need that much moisture?

That much moisture breaks my hair off. I don't know what your hair type is but maybe you could try less moisture and add some protein to restore the balance. You might have too much moisture.

I don't know if this would pass for a protective style, but when my hair relaxed and just long enough to create a bob that framed my face, I loved to either smooth it all back and put in a single braid that I'd tuck under, or I'd cross wrap and after crossing over at the back, I'd tuck the hair under the opposite side and pin it under. So the ends would be hidden. Both dos would look like this:
shorthairoct2000noface-vi.jpg

While it looked like you had really short hair, I loved how neat it looked (Think ballet dancer tidy!) and it was a nice change from wearing a bob.

I never saw your hair before, it looks beutifull, and shiney :yep: i like the tiddy ballet dancer look too :yep:

At shoulder lenght, there are a number of protective styles you can wear. A french braid down the back, tuck under the tail; the flexi8 clip is a wonder and a godsend - twist it up, slip on the clip and tada; a claw clip doing the same thing, a small french roll, a bun...

I am not shoulder length but I do notice my hair breaks way more when stretching and doing rollersets. My hair is ten times better off with the blow dryer and flat iron afterwards. My hair is healthy and grows. But when I do the rollersets I am losing balls of hair. I think rollersets are better for those that are not stretching, it puts way more stress on hair.

And I have stretched one time for 8 months by blow drying and my hair was fine.

jmo.

merry xmas.

Girl, get yourself a couple of packs of Good Hair Days pins from Sally's, pin your hair up into a "bun" or french roll and leave it alone. :yep: Your post says to me that you are doing too much and should try low-manipulation. Try moisturizing every other day. Overuse of product also can break the hair. Fine hair doesn't need much

HTH :)

I love those pins :yep:

1 year ago I was in the same spot. Try daily condition washing. In december of last year I started doing it and everything changed. The breakage ended. I started retaining all of my length and now I'm past APL. I will be condition washing my way to waist length. I mostly bunned and french rolled. I used my fingers to smooth, part and detangle. I only detange my hair when its dry, my hair will break if I manipulate it when wet. This stage is TEMPORARY just leave your hair alone and be patient.

Back