I am going broke trying to find what works for my hair

I feel like pulling all my hair out, but of course I'm not going to, not right now, I've spent too much money on all these products and I still can't find what works for me:confused:

The shampoo is no problem. The conditioner, hmm, I don't know if I got that down or not. The biggest problem is finding a light oil daily moisturizer. I don't know if I'm using products that weigh my hair down or what?? It seems like every 3-4 days I have to shampoo or CW my hair because it's so oily from wrapping it at night, but I know I have to use a moisturizer or my hair will look like Don King's. I know that wrapping manipulates the scalp which causes increased oil production, but I'm really trying not to use heat, other than sitting under the dryer.

Please help before I start a thread titled "I went to the barbershop and got a bald fade":lachen:

No seriously, I need some help;)

You wouldn't imagine how much money I spent when I first started my journey. I was trying everything someone raved about. I found Keracare and Nexxus and Motions and I use these three lines. I will not buy a new product. I just restock on these items I know work for my hair. I'm just starting to run out of things. When I run out of something that's when I replace it. It's hard not to try the new things but my pockets were getting too weak.:p

Although sometimes people get high and mighty about PJism, everybody starts by experimenting. You'll find your stuff... eventually. :)

atlien11 said:
Are you using oil based moisturizer or water based? Can you list the products you are using?

Keracare 1st lather Shampoo and Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo alternate with
Keracare Detangling Moisturizing Shampoo

ORS Hair Mayo (once a week)
Keracare Humecto (30 mins under the dryer with a cap) alternate with
Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo

Keracare Leave in conditioner alternate with Sebastian potion #9

Lotta Body setting lotion (1 part setting lotion 3 parts water)

Rollerset

Keracare Conditioning cream headress

Wrap my hair at night with a satin scarf

I know what you mean. Maybe you should think back to what worked for you before you began all of this. I was just thinking about last summer when I was out of the country and all I used was the green CON shampoo and a leave in for 8 weeks, and my hair did amazingly well, considering. Made me wonder why I stopped using both of those products.

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
I have my license so I get all those products at the wholesale price, but I'm still going broke because I buy so many
Now that's what I'm talkin' about. If I could get this stuff at wholesale I would probably be in a corner somewhere o.d'ing on conditioner, grease all over the place:lol:.
I know I am a serious pj, there's no denying it but I am still trying to find my staples. I really hope it happens soon because I'm running out of space to store all of this mess.

jamiette said:
Now that's what I'm talkin' about. If I could get this stuff at wholesale I would probably be in a corner somewhere o.d'ing on conditioner, grease all over the place:lol:.
I know I am a serious pj, there's no denying it but I am still trying to find my staples. I really hope it happens soon because I'm running out of space to store all of this mess.

yea I hear you. You'd think since I have my license I'd know what would work for me, but I haven't worked in a salon in almost 10 years. I got my license because I was a stay at home new wife and needed something to do

I am a product junky but I have good reason!!!

I am still trying to find my staples. My husband just yelled at me that there is a hair care box being delivered every week!!:lol:

I have ruled out Carol's Daughter shampoo and conditioner, but I like CD Kizzy to lay down my hair.

I just ordered Kerastase to try this weekend.:D

If the Keracare products don't work, sell them on the exchange board. Maybe you should try products from Sally's or trade secrets, they will let you return items if you don't like them. That way if something doesn't work, you haven't lost anything. A lot of ladies use a brand from Sally's (I can't remember the name) but most seem to like it.

I was going broke to but I started shopping where I could return used items and I paid close attention to what works.

What is your hair type? I am a 4a/b, relaxed and I loove qhemet... I use the olive oil detangtler as a moisturizer... try the sample pack.

MissVee said:
If the Keracare products don't work, sell them on the exchange board. Maybe you should try products from Sally's or trade secrets, they will let you return items if you don't like them. That way if something doesn't work, you haven't lost anything. A lot of ladies use a brand from Sally's (I can't remember the name) but most seem to like it.

I was going broke to but I started shopping where I could return used items and I paid close attention to what works.

What is your hair type? I am a 4a/b, relaxed and I loove qhemet... I use the olive oil detangtler as a moisturizer... try the sample pack.

3a/b. The only reason I don't go to trade secret is because I can't get a discount there, but I do shop at Sally's, they give me a discount:)

I hear you it is fun and addicting trying to find what works best for your hair, one thing I do love is Mane and Tail moisture enriched hair strengthener and WGO both I purchsed from Sallys.

Back