I am about to walk out

CarolinaGal

Trying a new salon. This lady clarifies my hair with shampoo. Then shampoos again and starts to brush. I ask her what she is doing and why its she not waiting to detangle with conditioner. She says she will after a third shampoo. What?! I say NO more shampoo you are going to strip my hair. She tells me how dirty and tangled my hair is? Really? my "dirty, tangled" hair looms better than her tired weave. She starts pooping off about how she is a master stylist for 17 years blah blah blah. I am heated. I know MY hair and it's not that dirty and tangled. Oh I forgot the part about how she was hurting my had with the rough shampoo technique. She says my hair is tangled (again) and that I just have to deal with it. Seriously? I am just about waist length so I should know a little something about my own head. I may wait for the real stylist but shampooits close to getting told. Thanks for letting me vent ladies.

Vent if you need to!

3 shampoos is ridiculous IMO unless you just got a perm. And who the heck brushes, combs, or detangles with shampoo?!?

I would ask the stylist what she plans to do before she starts and her technique and if your not comfortable, I would just leave.

OMG OH HECK NAH I have SD (oily, dry, flakey, etc) and I still DON'T wash my scalp 3 times that is psycho and why is she brushiing if she plans to shampoo again I think she's jealous and wants you bald.

Please walk out. 3 shampoos is too much and I highly doubt your hair is so dirty it warrants shampooing 3 times. And detangling with shampoo?lol It doesn't matter if you've been a stylist for 17 years, what matters is the knowledge you have amassed in those 17 years.

Did she use a shampoo brush? That's common procedure to clean the scalp. But she should not be yanking out your hair.

If it were me, the title of this thread would be, "She yanked my hair one too many times so I hit that biotchee in the mouth and walked out. Was I wrong?"

I don't care if a person has been doing hair for 50 years. If I pay you then you listen to my requests. If there is a problem, as a paying customer, you should listen to what I have to say. If you don't like long hair, or if my hair is an inconveniece to your flow of money, please let me know because I will push. If you take it out on my hair imma have to take it out on your a$$.

Just because she went to beauty school she is not all knowing and the end all of the hair world.

Another stylist finished me up, thankfully. And I did not allow a third shampoo. I have been running around all day b/c I am also in the middle of moving into a new place so it's been hectic. Give me a second and I'll post the pics. Sorry for the long delay ladies and thanks for the support!

Attachments

• 11Nov10_1.jpg
    11Nov10_1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 11Nov10_2.jpg
    11Nov10_2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
If it were me, the title of this thread would be, "She yanked my hair one too many times so I hit that biotchee in the mouth and walked out. Was I wrong?"
I don't care if a person has been doing hair for 50 years. If I pay you then you listen to my requests. If there is a problem, as a paying customer, you should listen to what I have to say. If you don't like long hair, or if my hair is an inconveniece to your flow of money, please let me know because I will push. If you take it out on my hair imma have to take it out on your a$$.

Just because she went to beauty school she is not all knowing and the end all of the hair world.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way she's a master stylist with techniques like that. She's full of poop and I'm glad someone else finished you up. That is ridiculous!

Needless to say, I will not be returning. I left a nice tip too, just so she can know that she lost a good one! Take that!!!! LOL!

This happened to me! I looked at the crap she was putting in my hair (after she raked through it, and had broken pieces of hair flying around me) and was like, "whoa, what is going on?" I started out rather polite, but she had to go popping off at the mouth. From there on it was on like Donkey Kong! My awesome Italian friend was in there looking @ us like "Is Katrina C gonna have to slap a ******?" I lived with her over the summer, so she knows how I am about my hair. This "master stylist" was using Dax to detangle my dry, damaged hair aka my split end-less natural hair. When I saw that jar of Dax.... Oooh, Lawd!
Anyway, I feel your pain!

you're a saint. i wouldn't have tipped her. she'd have taken it as a compliment.
your hair is beautiful btw.

^^^What?! How do you even think you can detangle hair with Dax?! I'm starting to believe that some of these folks are just "masters" in their own jaded minds. Sorry about your Dax nightmare. The thought of that just made my follicles hurt.

^^^What?! How do you even think you can detangle hair with Dax?! I'm starting to believe that some of these folks are just "masters" in their own jaded minds. Sorry about your Dax nightmare. The thought of that just made my follicles hurt.

As I was lifting my behind out of the chair, she agreed to use a cream based moisturizer and take her time. I am so never going back there!

Off topic: Carolina girl, best in the world!

I heart you and all Carolina Gal, BUT I WOULD HAVE POLITELY GAVE HER A PIECE OF MY MIND! You have worked too hard on your journey Im sure! God bless your heart lol :)

Your quick tempered cousin aka Auburn would have been arrested for trying to murk a heaux. However, I admire your resolve. Your hair turned out fabulous!

Beautiful hair. I am glad she did not cause you to have a set back.

I just went to my stylist for the 1st time in 2 years since being natural, she also combed hair with shampoo in it rather than conditioner. It surprisingly did not cause any hair loss.

Uhhhh, if she is such a "Master Stylist" with 17yrs of experience, the what is the hail is she doing being a "Shampoo Girl"??? GTHOHWTBS. It amazes me how every stylist think their skills are sooooo grand... yet still working at the local hair shop...

Back