I AM A Believer!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Add me to the list of ladies that add honey and/or olive oil to your conditioner. I did this tonight and my hair is acting as if it has amnesia regarding that little (somewhat disastrous)salon visit 5 days ago. It feels awesome(silky!) and I'm not losing all those strands of hair anymore.

I added 1 tbsp honey and 1tbsp EVOO to 2 tbsp Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment in case anyone's interested.

I don't know what took me so long to do this, but so glad I did. :up:

I'm going to try this next wash day! I just bought more honey too. Thank you for sharing your experience!:)

It's about time. You're so late! You know those gallon conditioners you see at sally's? I stretch them out with olive oil and honey!! SLIP SLIP SLIP!

Supergirl, I cannot believe you. As a fellow long hair I took it for granted that you were doing this. I have been doing it for over two years now and I know I have discussed this with the ladies on this board. Bad, Bad, Supergirl!
Just kidding. Also try heating the olive oil for about 10 seconds before adding the honey and then mix with your favorite conditioner. Cover hair with a plastic bag, wrap with a hot towel and let your hair marinate in this for twenty minutes to an hour. Unbelieveably soft and moist hair.

So, my next question is does this work well with coconut oil??????? How does the coconut oil compare to the olive? What other oils are good in this concoction? :)

I used to do this a long time ago. I don't know why I stopped. Actually I don't know why I stopped doing a lot of things. I need to get back to the basics and I will start with this. I remember it leaving my hair very soft!!

Supergirl, won't the coconut oil harden when mixed with the conditioner??

Supergirl said:
Add me to the list of ladies that add honey and/or olive oil to your conditioner. I did this tonight and my hair is acting as if it has amnesia regarding that little (somewhat disastrous)salon visit 5 days ago. It feels awesome(silky!) and I'm not losing all those strands of hair anymore.

I added 1 tbsp honey and 1tbsp EVOO to 2 tbsp Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment in case anyone's interested.

I don't know what took me so long to do this, but so glad I did. :up:

I've been hearing about these ingredients for a while and haven't tried them yet. Is the honey everyone is using just regular ole' honey you get from the supermarket?

Supergirl said:
So, my next question is does this work well with coconut oil??????? How does the coconut oil compare to the olive? What other oils are good in this concoction? :)

I do that regularly. It's nice. :yep:

Hmmm, interesting....I'll have to try this combination. Does anyone know if my hair will have the same soft and moisturized reaction? I'm natural.

Also does anyone else use Organics Cholesterol Tea-Tree oil?

Avocado oil works very well with honey too. I warm it for a few seconds before mixing it with the conditoner. Camelina seed oil and unrefined hemp seed oil are also very good.

Supergirl, your post is on time. I have a huge bottle of buckwheat honey ( hated the taste of it compared to clover) in my bathroom that I use with powdered milk for a milk and honey bath or on my face as a mask (love it). I will now try some in my conditioner too.

You might want to try buckwheat honey next time. It is darker, but also stronger and to me more moisturizing than clover honey.

dontspeakdefeat said:
I used to do this a long time ago. I don't know why I stopped. Actually I don't know why I stopped doing a lot of things. I need to get back to the basics and I will start with this. I remember it leaving my hair very soft!!

Supergirl, won't the coconut oil harden when mixed with the conditioner??

Me too! I stopped doing lots of things like pre-shampoo treatments, oiling my ends, and too much more to name. I had my wake up call the other day though with my semi-disastrous salon visit. I'm back on it!

I don't know if the coconut oil will harden. I guess it would depend on the temp. of the room. I remember adding coconut oil and peppermint oil(Cathy Howse Rec) to GPB long ago and sometimes the coconut oil would be liquid and sometimes a very soft solid.

so1913 said:
I've been hearing about these ingredients for a while and haven't tried them yet. Is the honey everyone is using just regular ole' honey you get from the supermarket?

Girlfriend, I used some straight up Kroger brand honey because that's what I had in the pantry! But I will probably step it up to some natural or organic honey or buckwheat as melodee recommended.

Supergirl said:
Castor oil is also good because it's a humectant. I love honey though. I mix it with evoo and pre-poo with it and I also do honey rinses. The rinses really make the hair shiny and frizz free.

What do you use to make your honey rinse?

Pokahontas said:
Castor oil is also good because it's a humectant. I love honey though. I mix it with evoo and pre-poo with it and I also do honey rinses. The rinses really make the hair shiny and frizz free.

qtgirl said:
What do you use to make your honey rinse?
It's really easy. I just mix a spoonful of honey w/ a cup of warm water and use it as a final rinse.....you leave it in and it dosen't dry sticky at all.

jasmin said:
How much honey and oil do you use?
I'm not sure if you were talking to me but when I do the honey and evoo pre-poo I don't really have exact measurements, I just pour the honey in my hand, add some evoo and plop it on my head until it's thuroughly coated.

Pokahontas said:
I'm not sure if you were talking to me but when I do the honey and evoo pre-poo I don't really have exact measurements, I just pour the honey in my hand, add some evoo and plop it on my head until it's thuroughly coated.

Thanks..I can't wait to try it.

I always use EVOO as a prepoo, but I would be afraid to use it after I wet my hair. Maybe it will be different if I actually mix it with the conditioner before I apply it though. I guess if EVERYONE says that it works it must. I guess I'll have to try it tomorrow when I wash.

Does this mean that I shouldn't use olive oil as my prepoo too?

Another poster in my head today ;)

I was thinking about honey and oil in my conditioner last night. I do oil and honey BUT have never tried it in a conditioner. Emollient is already a GREAT conditioner...I used it 6 days ago and my hair still feels like silk...it's sooo soft and I haven't needed scurl like I did before I found my new awesome products. I'm going to try it with these honey and oil and see what happens. Good post :)

Last edited:
Edie said:
Supergirl, I cannot believe you. As a fellow long hair I took it for granted that you were doing this. I have been doing it for over two years now and I know I have discussed this with the ladies on this board. Bad, Bad, Supergirl!
Just kidding. Also try heating the olive oil for about 10 seconds before adding the honey and then mix with your favorite conditioner. Cover hair with a plastic bag, wrap with a hot towel and let your hair marinate in this for twenty minutes to an hour. Unbelieveably soft and moist hair.
Can the whole mix (conditioner, honey and oil) be heated?

Back