I AM A Believer!

Faith said:
Another poster in my head today ;)

I was thinking about honey and oil in my conditioner last night. I do oil and honey BUT have never tried it in a conditioner. Emollient is already a GREAT conditioner...I used it 6 days ago and my hair still feels like silk...it's sooo soft and I haven't needed scurl like I did before I found my new awesome products. I'm going to try it with these honey and oil and see what happens. Good post :)

I KNOW--Don't you just love it? It is one of the few that is consistently wonderful.

Faith said:
Can the whole mix (conditioner, honey and oil) be heated?

You can, but it is my understanding that heat denatures any protein that is in the conditioner and you don't want that to happen until the product is in your hair so that your hair strands can benefit from the amino acids in the protein.

anky said:
It's about time. You're so late! You know those gallon conditioners you see at sally's? I stretch them out with olive oil and honey!! SLIP SLIP SLIP!

I do the same thing anky- only i add glycerin, honey and liquid aloe vera- and maybe some castor oil.

Thanks, for this post! I am sitting here feeling this straw on my head and this came right on time. I am going to the salon tomorrow for a touch-up, but soon after this I will try the honey mixture. I haven't been on the board in a while and have cut off almost 4 inches of hair in the last few months, due to serious shedding. After the cut, my hair behaved almost like brand new, but lately, it has been very dry. I'll try this as soon as possible. Thanks!

Supergirl said:
You can, but it is my understanding that heat denatures any protein that is in the conditioner and you don't want that to happen until the product is in your hair so that your hair strands can benefit from the amino acids in the protein.
So even a 10 second warm up wouldnt be good? Good to know...thanks

I did it again today with one of my all time favorite oils--Spectrum Naturals Avocado Oil. Results were EVEN BETTER than the other day with the olive oi. :up:

I've been adding honey and olive oil to my CW's, and it's the best thing!! Even when I was natural, it made my hair so nice & soft:p

growingbrown said:
How long do you leave the honey and oil in your hair as a pre-poo treatment?
I usually leave the Suave Coconut/honey/olive oil in overnight (put on a plastic showercap and scarf) and when I wake up in the morning, I rinse it out...

nfynit_812 said:
I usually leave the Suave Coconut/honey/olive oil in overnight (put on a plastic showercap and scarf) and when I wake up in the morning, I rinse it out...

do you rinse it out and then shampoo or cowash.. or do you rinse with water and then do your leave-ins?

I'm trying this today. I just bought some honey last week. I added EVOO to my prepoo today, but I'm going to add honey and EVOO to my DC (probably Elasta DPR-11).

Back