I always wanted to know...

kiesha8185

What's the difference between a leave-in conditioner and a moisturizer?? Don't they both achieve the same result in moisturizing the hair? Are they both really necessary?

For those who use both, can you explain which ones you use, and what benefit one product does that the other doesn't?

**Sorry if this is a stupid question, I was just wondering...**:grin:

A leave in conditioner can provide protein,moisture or both.
I think that a leave in cond is supposed to be used on clean wet hair you leave it in and style
A moisturizer can be used daily or whenever your hair feels dry

I use Suave Humectant conditioner as a moisturizer while some people pay twice as much for the Nexuss Humectress leave-in-conditioner.
It says right on the front of my bottle, "moisturizes the same as Nexxus Humectress.":lachen:

What's the difference between a leave-in conditioner and a moisturizer?? Don't they both achieve the same result in moisturizing the hair? Are they both really necessary?

For those who use both, can you explain which ones you use, and what benefit one product does that the other doesn't?

**Sorry if this is a stupid question, I was just wondering...**:grin:

I think you can have both in one product -- that is, a leave in conditioner can also be a moisturizer. I LOVE nexxus headress cuz it's both. Also, giovanni direct and lacio lacio.

Well, according to Cathy Howse there is a thin line between the two. You can actually use a moisturizer to condition or vice versa depending on the ingredients. If you look at your moisturizer and then at your conditioner you should notice that both contain alot of the same ingredients

Well, according to Cathy Howse there is a thin line between the two. You can actually use a moisturizer to condition or vice versa depending on the ingredients. If you look at your moisturizer and then at your conditioner you should notice that both contain alot of the same ingredients
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...ITA with above response

I agree that there is a thin line between the two.
A leave-in conditioner is meant to provide longer lasting conditioning of the hair than one of those rinse out conditioners.
A moisturizer is just meant to be an auxilary product to aid in styling and maintenance between washes.

A leave-in can be moisturizing, and a moisturizer is left in, so it can be a quandary :look:

I think you can have both in one product -- that is, a leave in conditioner can also be a moisturizer. I LOVE nexxus headress cuz it's both. Also, giovanni direct and lacio lacio.

Ditto^^^^^ Love Nexxus Headress it keeps my hair feeling moisturized.

Back