I alternate stylists & now they work at the same salon!

isawstars

Will they be offended if I continue to switch between them?

I like stylist "A" because she has consistent results when texlaxing my hair. But her prices are higher & has a lot of clients so I must make an appointment 2 weeks in advance or earlier.

I like stylist "B" because her sew ins are incredible. Her prices are reasonable and she can always see me last minute if I need to be styled for a special occasion.

Stylist A & B used to work at the same salon but stylist A moved 2 years ago. That is when I started switching between them. Since both of them are friends stylist B recently moved to stylist A's new salon.

I went to stylist B last month for an updo for a formal event and stylist A was present. They actually work right next to each other and I ended up chatting to both of them. They both seemed happy to see me. I recently made an appointment with stylist A for a touch up. I'm wondering if they'll be annoyed that i keep switching between them. My mom suggested that i should let them know why (the positive reasons). But I feel like it's not neccessary but I don't know how stylist feel when it comes to clients... Thoughts?

It's your hair and your money! Go to who you want to go to, no explanations required :yep:

From your description it also seems like neither one of them had a problem with it! :)

I agree that you should do whatever you want. Since they are friends they may have already known that you were going to both of them anyway. I'm not a hairstylist, but I would not have a problem with it.

You know the response right? >>>> Neith is right!
I'll admit, I'd feel a lil' strange at first. However, in your case, they know u switch because they experience it AND they are still kind to you so...ur lucky in that no one is rude about it...

I'm glad they are cool. i had a simliar experience years ago and these broads tried to show their behinds. One of them stated she started to call me at work to discuss (lucky for her she didn't...please don't call my place of employment with no bullcrap)

I also have 2 stylists and I would be uncomfortable if they worked in the same salon.

They are both great and do a good job, but I don't like to wait when I want my hair done so if my first choice can't take me, I call the other.

I don't like to work around my stylists schedules, I like them to work around me.

However, I would have a problem expressing that and I don't complain to them so I feel your pain.

This situation would be uncomfortable to me as well. I don't even like to go to someone else in the same salon ever. I dont know if they feel as uncomfortable as I think they do, but it is ackward to me. I stopped going to people many a times because of that. But if you go to them for completely different things-one to texlax and one for sew ins..they probably know that. But if you were switching between them to do the exact same thing then might come off a little odd. They may not be bothered, specifically because they are friends.

Back