I almost slapped this lady last night

NOEChic

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
I was in the club, and she was like oh your hair is growing. I was like yeah I know, I can not wait for it to get longer and curly. This chick had the nerve to say its just gonna be nappy, my hair is to my shoulders and i can hardly comb it. I was like that is you, but my hair is different.:swearing:

Maybe she didn't mean any offense by it...some people don't view the word "nappy" as negative. As long as you're prepared to love whatever grows out of your head, you don't need to worry about what anyone else says. Happy Hair Growing! :Rose:

Michiko said:
I was in the club, and she was like oh your hair is growing. I was like yeah I know, I can not wait for it to get longer and curly. This chick had the nerve to say its just gonna be nappy, my hair is to my shoulders and i can hardly comb it. I was like that is you, but my hair is different.:swearing:

The only reason I find humor in this is because I know people who would make that exact comment!!!! :lol:

She prob. didnt mean any harm.

i dont think she meant any harm either, but i can see how you would get offended if you dont like the use of the word "nappy"

So I couldn't get past the first few words of your post because I was reminded of that character shaquita jenkins or whatever on The Boondocks when she was like "I was in the club... and I was in the club... and this ***** stepped on my shoe and I was like '*****!'" Ok, I've had my laugh for the night.. sorry. In response to your post, leave "ignant" folk right where they are because she was probably equating nappy with thick and we all know those aren't quite the same.

People do look down on having "nappy" hair bc of where the word came from and how it was used. It was used to seperate black people during slavery you know the "good Hair" "bad hair" theory I hate it. I personally dont like the word I prefer kinky or tight curls like my African American Lit teacher would say. For instance I went to visit my sorors for homwcoming weekend and I was telling her good moisturizers to use and she said "I dont have nappy hair my hair grows anyway" :eek: ...yeah so I'm proud of my coarse kinky hair I love it the coarser or the "nappier" the thicker for me:grin:

Hey Soror sending you a loud skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeweeeeeeeeeeeeeI went to yahoo homepage typed Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority in the search engine for images and it came up. There are a few images.

Back