Hydrolyzed silk protien and wheat protien

Irresistible

any protien experts out there?

I've purchased these products to add to my butters and oils mixtures. from what i understand they are moisturizing protiens? is that correct? or do they have the potential to cause hardness/dryness too? i got panthenol too, im assuming thats safe as well....anybody know? or know a thread where i can read about the different protiens? thanks
smile.gif

I'm not sure about silk protein, but wheat protein isn't one of the hardening ones. But wheat protein (10 en 1, Herbal Essence) doesn't provide enough slip for my natural hair.
ohwell.gif

Check this thread . I'm still
rofl.gif
at Don't be like "ooo, protein!" and shake like they did on Lion King to "ooo Mufasa--say it again! Mufasa!"

Silk protein is very moisturizing. Every product I have ever used with this protein in it has provided alot of slip and shine. I love Silk protein,but I can only use it twice a week at the most because in the past when I have used it more than that I have ended up with hard hair.

Tee Tee

Thank you for responding Tee Tee and Sassygirl , so much went on yesterday that i missed your responses, thank you for the thread Sassygirl. I will check it out now

wheat protein is a moisturizing protein. silk protein is also a moisturizing protein, but silk protein ain't no joke either. It definitely adds strength and structure to the hair(think of a silk fiber being similar and as strong as a hair fiber) and I can understand why Tee Tee would get hard hair if she uses it too often.

[ QUOTE ]
shell said:
where do you buy silk protein and wheat protein???

[/ QUOTE ]

I got silk protien from fromnaturewithlove and wheat protien from thesoapdish.com

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
wheat protein is a moisturizing protein. silk protein is also a moisturizing protein, but silk protein ain't no joke either. It definitely adds strength and structure to the hair(think of a silk fiber being similar and as strong as a hair fiber) and I can understand why Tee Tee would get hard hair if she uses it too often.

[/ QUOTE ] ok thank you girl, im gonna use them both very carefully and moderately. im not even sure what i was thinking ordering them and messing with them , cause im scurred anyway lol...but i got em now, so i figure to be on the safe side i will only use a little here and there in my oils and butters.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]
btw all the info you gave on the protien threads i read were great, thank you, we need to have info like this.
smile.gif

I'm really interested in incorporating natural protein (silk or wheat) into my regimen; has anyone been using these products over an extended amount of time? If so, what were your results? Irresistible, please keep us updated!

[ QUOTE ]
BronzeBrown said:
I'm really interested in incorporating natural protein (silk or wheat) into my regimen; has anyone been using these products over an extended amount of time? If so, what were your results? Irresistible, please keep us updated!

[/ QUOTE ] I will , i hope i dont come back to this thread
swearing.gif
and cryin

I still have the bottles of Silk Protien, wheat protien and panthenol..i have yet to mix them with any oils or butters yet.....i will soon though and will update. i havent gotten to it yet, cause i was busy experiementing with the mango butter and other stuff.

Wow you can buy silk protein and panthenol? When I have more free time in the future, I am definately going to (attempt to) make my own hair products
smile.gif

If I use hydrolyzed silk protein and wheat protien twice a week can I dump Emergencee??

[ QUOTE ]
HairObsessed said:
If I use hydrolyzed silk protein and wheat protien twice a week can I dump Emergencee??

[/ QUOTE ] probably, if all Emergencee is is a protien treatment with these same protiens in it

Back