Humidity question

Ms.Joi

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to wear my hair down since I just relaxed on Friday. I am trying to take a break from protective styling for a couple of weeks.

I am in FL and the humidity is awful in Tallahassee. My question is, what can I use to keep my hair from puffing up when I walk outside at 7a?

Once I get to work my hair has puffed up and has a slight wave to it :spinning:.

Have you tried Aveda anti-humectant pomade? It has really helped me to keep the frizzies away and keep my hair straight after flatironing on humid days. It however doesn't work as well on extremely humid days.

i love aveda but that doesnt work for me:sad:. i was going to try it again since, i too, have just "crossed over" from natural to texlaxed hair. i'll give it a go and see if it works better on laxed hair:grin:
i am having the same problem. i got relaxed yesterday and today was a humid day and before i even got out of my chair after putting some curl in it, it was all puffed up!!!:wallbash:

i love aveda but that doesnt work for me:sad:. i was going to try it again since, i too, have just "crossed over" from natural to texlaxed hair. i'll give it a go and see if it works better on laxed hair:grin:
i am having the same problem. i got relaxed yesterday and today was a humid day and before i even got out of my chair after putting some curl in it, it was all puffed up!!!:wallbash:

I just make sure when I'm flatironing I don't have any water based products in my hair. It's just my heat protectant and the pomade and that's it. On really really humid days it doesn't work for me as well so I just bun and use the anti-humectant to tame my edges. Maybe it will work better for you now that you are textlaxing.

I just make sure when I'm flatironing I don't have any water based products in my hair. It's just my heat protectant and the pomade and that's it. On really really humid days it doesn't work for me as well so I just bun and use the anti-humectant to tame my edges. Maybe it will work better for you now that you are textlaxing.

good observation:yep:. i'm definitely going to give it a try again.
thanks!!!

Thank you both. It looks like I need to invest in some Aveda anti-humectant pomade.

I know that the humidity is awful, but every little bit with help with my situation.

If I'm in a very humid area of the country (or if it's going to be a humid day) and if I want to wear my hair down, I don't walk outside in the humidity if I can help it. If I must, I would be walking quickly to my car with my hair covered up.

After applying Aveda Anti-Humectant, I would always wear a silk or satin scarf while outside, with the length in pincurls and making sure the scarf is covering it. When I reach my destination and am inside, then I remove the scarf and take out the pincurls, I've done this a lot with braidouts, leaving my hair braided/plaited, pinned up and covered with a scarf. When I reach my destination, I finish styling in a restroom. :)

BTW, what has been working for me these past few years (although not 100%), is to apply the Anti-Humectant on my wet hair (after my leave-in) to seal in the moisture then after my hair has airdried, to apply a little more to my hair if it's humid.

Prevent moisture from being able entering your hair as much as possible by using heavier oils, silicons, or waxes at the end of styling for a layer of protection between your hair cuticles and the moisture in the air

i used my anti-humectant right before i wrapped my hair last nite and woke up with BEEEAUTIFUL hair! :grin:
the frizzy was gone in the morning and then i added just a touch more with 1 pump of aveda smooth infusions and i had no problems with frizz today and it was humid!!
so now i think i will continue to invest in that stuff:drunk:. like i said, with natural hair it did absolutely nothing for me but now with processed hair it works wonders!!!:yep:

Back