Humidifier questions

kally

I am in the market for a good humidifier and know little about them. I have been doing research but still a bit confused.

Do most humidifiers come with a filter? If so which ones do not, because I do not want to be bothered with one that does.

What is the difference in benefits between one that gives off cool, or a warm mist?

Is it better to use tap water or distilled, spring etc...?

I need one that is easy to fill and all around hassel free. I have been reading on line about them and what do they mean by white dust appearing and Microbial Growth?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really need to get one and do not want to mess up or waste money. TIA

We have a few humidifiers, and they have filters on them. They can be used with tap water, one of them is made by Vicks. However, whenever I try to use them, I wind up feeling sick from the MOLD they create. So I just suffer through the dry air and static. The cool mist is safer to use around children than the warm mist, which can burn the skin.

59726936.jpg

I have this sunbeam humidifier from Walmart. It is cool air, the man at the store said that it is the same as the warm air ones because once the warm air ones hit the atmosphere they cool down anyway.

I had the vicks warm mist humidifier and the mold was disgusting and it was too hard to keep clean.

I now use kaz humidifier and vaporizer treatment to reduce buildup in the sunbeam humidifier.

Hope this helps:)

Highly recommend ladies use a humidifier to add moisture to your hair! I used one from before joining LHCF. I stopped about a month ago and the change in my hair is amazing. Now it is so much drier and nothing helps...I slapped on my favorites and it is not the same....I clarified, deep conditioner, used mango butter, dc overnight, rollerset.....nada. I couldn't figure out why my hair was so dry. Then it dawned on me that I used to sleep with the humidifier every night and I stopped. I am jumping back on it. I use the one below.... Venta® Digital Cool and Warm Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier I bought it at Bed, Bath Beyond for about 120 (usually 149 with 20% off coupon).

5414714290842P.JPG

Back