HUMAN HAIR OR DOG HAIR??????

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
Did anyone see the special report on human hair weaves on UPN 9 news tonight? It talked about whether or not human hair was really human hair because most human hair comes from China and many of the companies there breed long hair dogs for that reason. They sent the hair to a lab and tested 5 brands. 4 tested as having real hair, but on of the lighter shades was not human hair. Many say that the lighter hair shades are dog hair.

A beautician states that she is positive that much of the "Human" hair she works with is not human because it mats up so terribly and doesn't want to curl even with high heat. She tested real human hair from a clients head with high heat and it burnt. She tested human weave hair with that same heat and it did not burn.

It was very interesting. They spoke of an article on it all but I can't find it online. I'll look some more.
They also stated it could be from a cadavor.

This link shows the kind of dog they were talking about The dog in the report

What does she mean the client's hair melted?
rofl.gif
I thought only doll hair melts while human hair, coz it's organic, burns away. Please tell me she meant burnt away.

Yes. Those long haired dogs from China, that you see on the dogs shows were the ones they showed when they were talking. They breed them just for that purpose at underground spots.

I saw that report...but it didn't really confirm if it was dog's hair or not and I was disappointed-it was a speculation. I really would like to know esp. since someone else posted that it could be a dead person's hair and now they have a report speculating its dogs' hair.

[ QUOTE ]
mly3e said:
If it is its gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is extremely gross!! The report says that they do this in China and it just might be true...I guess I will try the synthetic hair that everyone talks about to do my braids next time.

The dogs are beautiful but wearing their hair in weaves is nasty! Can you imagine what it would smell like if it got wet in the rain? What it would look like?

I saw that report too... I was really disappointed as well...they didn't say much at all! They did mention that because of chemical alteration, the hair might change qualities. Anyhoo, I've always wondered to myself, where do they get all that hair? Every which where u look, you can by some human hair somewhere...I don't know if it comes from a dog, but i really find it hard to believe that they found sooooo many women to cut their hair off and sell it...but that's just me.

mad.gif
Disgusting!!!!! But I guess if I had no choice but the dog hair or the cadaver hair, I would take the dog hair. But we always have choices
smile.gif
so I would opt for a TWA first. Like Silvergirl said that is one of the reasons I wear my own hair too. Black women could put an end to the profiteer selling us garbage by simply not buying it. That's why I am elated to see so many of us growing our OWN hair out!!!

I totally believe it to. Some types of hair just don't look like it grew from a human. Word of advice: get synthetic hair when you can unless you are positive the texture came from a human's head.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I totally believe it to. Some types of hair just don't look like it grew from a human. Word of advice: get synthetic hair when you can unless you are positive the texture came from a human's head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just want to add, unless you are positive the texture came from a live human's head!

[ QUOTE ]
mly3e said:
Yes. Those long haired dogs from China, that you see on the dogs shows were the ones they showed when they were talking. They breed them just for that purpose at underground spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm gonna have a headache. Yuk!

Has anyone ever washed one. How did it turn out? was it still straight if originally straight.

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
YUCK
barf.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

barf.gif
ditto
barf.gif

I sincerely hope this is not true, especially for our fellow weave/braid wearers.

This is nasty, but funny, because I guess we never really took the horse hair thing seriously, because it's funny to think that people would rather wear horse hair over dog hair when both of them sound crazy. Nobody really says that horse hair sounds gross and we hear that reguarly even if it is a joke. That might explain why some people are allergic to fake hair.

I'm glad I'm growing my hair out! I don't care if it's washed I don't want it in my head makes you go HMMM! thanks for sharing this I will stick with kanekelon with my braids.

[ QUOTE ]
DDHair said:
This is nasty, but funny, because I guess we never really took the horse hair thing seriously, because it's funny to think that people would rather wear horse hair over dog hair when both of them sound crazy. Nobody really says that horse hair sounds gross and we hear that reguarly even if it is a joke. That might explain why some people are allergic to fake hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe those who don't think horse hair sounds gross have never seen a horse, and they don't know where the really long hair on a horse grows...
tongue.gif

The weave industry is very big and a tremendous amount of money is made. Charlies my local beauty store, have another shop, only for weaves. It does not surprise me at all the demand is very great. Weaves are used in acting profession and for period dramas, but most money is made from black women. It would not surprise me, if horses mane tails are used for weaves as well.

I have a friend, who has been wearing her hair in a weave. I have known her for four years. Every three months, she gets a new one put in. She complained that the weave was making her hair very thin. I didn't say anything, what could I say, I have told her already, about this board and others. She said that she has two small children, 6 and 11 and she doesn't have the time to look after her hair. But every time, she goes and get her weaves done, it takes her 2-3 hours, washing and plaiting and sewing in the weave. She said that she gets bored with her own hair. I really don't understand the wearing of weave really.

I am not surprised at all. That's why the idea of wearing "human" hair has always freaked me out. When you buy "human" hair, you don't know what "human" it is from. It might be from a dead person. It might be from a man. It might be, God forbid, from a racist who hates blacks. Yuck! That's why I wear my own hair, or if I need to, I'll wear synthetic hair.

Back