Huetiful Hair Steamer - Is It Really Worth It?

twatombl

This is I'm sure the hundredth post on the Huetiful Hair Steamer, I have read older posts and know that it is raved about but for ladies that have used their steamer multiple times, would you say that it is worth the hype and the investment?

At the cost of $114 I have finally found myself not letting my PJism run out an buy without getting feedback first. I'm currently using a Gold and Hot Heating Cap for deep conditioning and use it everytime I condition but would love something that is more intense.

Ladies with a steamer, would you say that it is worth the hype? Have you noticed a considerable difference in your hair since using the steamer?

Ladies please do tell, I've been looking at the Huetiful website for a while now.

Last edited:
Girl, this is the best investment you will ever make for your hair :) My hair is alot stronger and healthier since I purchased this steamer. I feel like the steam really gives me good results with my DC's compared to a hooded dryer. I've been using mine every week and I definitely noticed a reduction in hair breakage

I've had it since fall 2010 and my hair feels unbelievably moisturized afterward. When coupled with the right conditioner, it may that quick method of a deep conditioning treatment as opposed to overnight treatment, in my opinion. I've definitely retained length because of it. :yep:

WestNDNBeauty THANK YOU!!!! I was looking for this type of in depth feedback that goes beyond detailing the results of a few uses and details months of using the steamer. You brought up a point in your post I didn't even think of which is if conditioning overnight gives the same result of the steamer. For the convenience of steaming for an hour to get the results of conditioning overnight I would say the steamer is a good investment, BUT you mentioned you didn't feel it worked as well a few months out when you steamed for 40 minutes.

Hola_lo2002, how long would you say that you typically sit under your steamer for the best results and how long have you been using it?

I've had it since fall 2010 and my hair feels unbelievably moisturized afterward. When coupled with the right conditioner, it may that quick method of a deep conditioning treatment as opposed to overnight treatment, in my opinion. I've definitely retained length because of it. :yep:

How long do you sit under your steamer when you condition? I absolutely hate overnight conditioning because I usually don't feel like styling the next day, I like to get it all over with at one time. For the convenience if it conditions in a reasonable timeframe I can see how it would be beneficial for me to avoid conditioning overnight for the type of conditioning I'm looking for.

My steamer is at the top of my list. But my strong feelings on it could be related to my own environment. I live in Minnesota, so our winters can be real cold and therefore dry indoors. I also have had dry skin my entire life and suffered from eczema as a child. I grew up in a similar climate and during the winter my hair and skin were awful.

I bought a steamer a few years ago and it transformed my hair. A few months ago it finally died and I didn't replace it right away. What a mistake. This last winter my hair suffered from it. I bought a new one a few weeks ago and feel so much better.

Advantages
- Works wonders, even with no product
- Amazing results with deep conditioners and/or oils
- Faster results for henna treatments
- Also works well for facial steaming

The only disadvantage for me is the price. I think it's worth it but it's still around $100+. I don't have the huetiful steamer so I can't comment on that one specifically. I know that I'll be using a steamer for the rest of my life.

I Love my steamer. I've read reviews stating how good the steamer is for the hair. I saw a woman in Macy's with a full PONY TAIL. I stated how beautiful her hair is and she stated she used a steamer. That was it for me. I usually sit under for at least 30 minutes, but I think 15 is plenty. Its worth the investment. As noted earlier, it opens the pores.

India

Literally the best thing since sliced bread! Not only does it cut your DC time in half, it actually leaves your hair feeling extremely soft and moisturized even after you wash out the conditioner. Def worth it!

WestNDNBeauty THANK YOU!!!! I was looking for this type of in depth feedback that goes beyond detailing the results of a few uses and details months of using the steamer. You brought up a point in your post I didn't even think of which is if conditioning overnight gives the same result of the steamer. For the convenience of steaming for an hour to get the results of conditioning overnight I would say the steamer is a good investment, BUT you mentioned you didn't feel it worked as well a few months out when you steamed for 40 minutes.

Hola_lo2002, how long would you say that you typically sit under your steamer for the best results and how long have you been using it?
I've been using it since August 2010 for 20 minutes only. Then, I apply a bit more conditionner to my hair while it cools off before I rinse my hair with cold water (well as cold as I can handle it !!!) I don't steam for more than 20 minutes beause I don't feel that my hair absorbs anymore nutrients from my DC after that. I add more conditioinner on my hair after steaming because I believe the steam helps the conditionner to penetrate inside the hair leaving not much for the outer layer of the hair.

Thank you all so, so much for your feedback! I know that everyones experience is different but overall the fact that it seems to cut down time DC (all I had to see was 15-20 minutes!), works with no product, facial treatments and gives faster results for henna treatments makes it an investment I'm warming up to.

I'm glad that AMAKA127 mentioned that it leaves your hair soft after rinsing, I'm on the hunt now for a deep conditioner or some product that does this to cut down time detangling so if the steamer does this the investment is starting to look much brighter.

How long do you sit under your steamer when you condition? I absolutely hate overnight conditioning because I usually don't feel like styling the next day, I like to get it all over with at one time. For the convenience if it conditions in a reasonable timeframe I can see how it would be beneficial for me to avoid conditioning overnight for the type of conditioning I'm looking for.

Same here. :yep:
I sit under my steamer for about 20-30 minutes. Sometimes, I might leave the conditioner in my hair for longer periods of time (e.g. an hour before steaming, an hour after steaming) but I find the results to be the same. :yep:

My Huetiful hair steamer and I are in love:love::love::love: I've had it for about a year now and it has been very helpful in helping me retain moisture :)

Steam treatments are popular in UK salons and have been as far as I can remember. I started getting the occasional steam at 15 but I was never that consistent with it. I would have a whole different head of hair right now if was maintaining my hair with steam back then as I am now. It totally enhances the performance of my conditioners.

ETA: Not quite a review on Heutiful :blush: but just steam treatments in general.

Last edited:
I own a steamer and I love it. I didn't purchase a Huetiful steamer because of the shape of the hood - it's almost a perfect half circle with little to no inclination; it just seems like the back of my head/nape area would not get any steam. But there are other (cheaper) alternatives. I purchased mine here for $89 - it looks like they've sold out and the same item was re-listed here for $99. I like the standing one because I can adjust the height and the angle of the hood. I also just came across this one for only $55 (wish I would've seen it a couple of months ago when I got mine! Just can't attest to the quality of this one). Anyway, I think a steamer is a good investment. I also get a free facial in the process :).

I have the unpopular opinion about the Huetiful Steamer. I think I trialed it using different methods than most. You be the judge READ HERE.

I kinda share your opinion :lol: I used it a few times (with their brand of DC, with Lustrasilk DC, with humecto + oil) and there was absolutely NO difference when compared to my usual "leave a plastic cap on for a few hours" deep conditioning method. I plan to get my money back.

I didn't even get the "moisture like whoa!" effect the first time I used it.

I won't discourage anyone else from trying it though. This experience has led me to believe that I'm already doing a great job with moisturizing my hair. It took me years to get to that point, so I'm very happy about that.

ETA: For reference, I'm transitioning and am currently 10 months post relaxer.

I own a steamer and I love it. I didn't purchase a Huetiful steamer because of the shape of the hood - it's almost a perfect half circle with little to no inclination; it just seems like the back of my head/nape area would not get any steam. But there are other (cheaper) alternatives. I purchased mine here for $89 - it looks like they've sold out and the same item was re-listed here for $99. I like the standing one because I can adjust the height and the angle of the hood. I also just came across this one for only $55 (wish I would've seen it a couple of months ago when I got mine! Just can't attest to the quality of this one). Anyway, I think a steamer is a good investment. I also get a free facial in the process :).

THANK YOU!!! That's funny that you mentioned feeling that the steamer would not get your nape or back of your head, my little heating cap doesn't compare to a steamer but thats a problem that I have with it as well. It does cover my back and nape but it doesn't feel as though the heat is spread evenly and reaches the edges of the cap as much as the middle heats up.

I checked out link for the steamer that you got and think that is a good option for me to get a less expensive steamer to start off with. It took me forever to finally breakdown and get a hooded dryer so I wanted to get enough feedback on a steamer to ensure it will be beneficial in the long run. The more I'm hearing about it the more I'm ready to invest! And the added bonus of a free facial is making it much easier:grin:

I have the Salons R Us steamer and I love it. I go to it for intense conditioning and use my Silk Elements Megasilk mostly or any of my favority DC's and my Aphogee 2 minute to make it more intense and I am pleased each time. I have to be careful what I use, it throws my moisture off with certain conditioners. LOL SE is just awesome for me.

I also Henna and use a Semi Color underneath.

My hair feels unbelievable soft and well conditioned afterward.

I do agree with WesternBeauty, I do get a Different kind of conditioning with my Self heating cap left on for a few hours. I personally can't compare the two because they both have different feels and uses for me. I like the 3 hour deep condition even after steaming during my stretch. Yet if I only have time for my steaming, it does the trick as well. go figure.

If mine broke I'd buy it again in a heart beat!

I love steamers. I've owned the SalonrUs stand up steamer which I would sit under for about an hour 2x/week. I now own the Huetiful. I do prefer it although it is not adjustable because I sit under it for about 20 minutes 2x/week and I think it puts out a stronger dose of steam. I sit on a pillow am good. When my SalonRus broke I tried to go without but me & my hair missed the steamer. I will always own a steamer. I used a steamer when relaxed, transitioning, and now natural.

Oh yes, I use moisturizing dc's, protein dc's, reconstructors, and oils with my steamer. Sometimes I get under there with clays in my hair too.

I agree with pretty much everything that's been brought up by the other ladies...bc I truly believe that not everyone will benefit from a steamer (some have already reached there optimal levels of deep moisture). But for me (I have a salonrus standup) I couldn't have done anything better for my hair.

I got mine in Sep. 2010 and I had co-washed for about 3-4 days before I got my steamer(overly anxious). But I put the steamer together and sat under for about an hour. Well my hair would usually be kinda noodley looking (i'm natural and use heat regularly) but every since I did my first steam trmt. I have an afro/ or coils all over depending on what I've used to steam.

Well I broke my steamer cup a few weeks later (don't use cool water, i know/not smart/).
Called the company and they sent me another free.But my hair suffered for the next week or two because of it. My conditioners were just so so without the steamer. And like another poster kinda mentioned (the regular use of a steamer is amazing if you need) bc now ..however many months later I can skip a week or two and be okay. But I don't like to.

Last edited:
I agree with pretty much everything that's been brought up by the other ladies...bc I truly believe that not everyone will benefit from a steamer (some have already reached there optimal levels of deep moisture). But for me (I have a salonrus standup) I couldn't have done anything better for my hair.

I got mine in Sep. 2010 and I had co-washed for about 3-4 days before I got my steamer(overly anxious). But I put the steamer together and sat under for about an hour. Well my hair would usually be kinda noodley looking (i'm natural and use heat regularly) but every since I did my first steam trmt. I have an afro/ or coils all over depending on what I've used to steam.

Well I broke my steamer cup a few weeks later (don't use cool water, i know/not smart/).
Called the company and they sent me another free.But my hair suffered for the next week or two because of it. My conditioners were just so so without the steamer. And like another poster kinda mentioned (the regular use of a steamer is amazing if you need) bc now ..however many months later I can skip a week or two and be okay. But I don't like to.

I'm so happy that I asked for feedback, I'm going to invest in a steamer from Salon's R Us within the next month! Last night I co-washed with Trader Joes Moisturizing conditioner because its my only conditioner that gets the job done with no heat. All I could think of was how moisturized my hair would be if I had the steamer.

I'm really sold on the customer service that you received, that makes all the difference!

I went back and forth with this for awhile...eh since they had that 10% coupon plus free shipping I just ordered one tonight. I'll have to clip all of my hair up to fit it underneath but if it does nothing for me it's going right back!!

Back