How/why does the texture of your hair change over time?

rangelicap

I'm between a 3b/c (natural) and as long as I can remember my hair has always dried into a nice spiral curl when I do the wash-n-go. Now, just recently it has become crazy George Washington curly, to the point where I don't even want do the wash-n-go anymore :( . I've been using the same hair products so that's not the reason. I know I usually encounter this problem when I trim like 1-2 inches off my hair but it's been like 4 months now since my last trim so I know that's not the reason. I'm thinking of relaxing/texturizing it but I'm kinda apprehensive because I want to highlight sometime in June and don't want to damage my hair.

Now my sister was just the opposite, her hair was fairly curly as well (3b/c natural) and over time the texture of her hair has relaxed to a 2b. She doesn't use relaxers so I asked her what she did and she has no clue why the texture changed because she's been using the same products in her hair forever but now she's unhappy because she wish her hair was curlier, lol :lol: .

If any of you ladies can enlighten me of why/how this happens it would be much appreciated cause I don't have a clue! TIA.

-The longer your hair gets the straighter it gets due to the weight of your hair.

-Getting older with all the hormonal changes will also change the texture of your hair.

-Product buildup can also make your hair limp. Clarifying should help with that.

A change in diet? or perhaps you were taking vitamins that helped improve the texture of your hair? .........

The body changes over time, hair texture is included.

When I was born I was very fair and had type 2 hair. As I matured, I gradually I got darker and my hair is now 3c/4a. These sorts of things happen to everyone.

It probably is a combination of your genes/lifestyle/diet/hormones.

I'm going through the same thing. My natural curls are getting looser and looser, which I don't like. I think its b/c my hair is growing more though.

Porsche19 said:
The body changes over time, hair texture is included.

When I was born I was very fair and had type 2 hair. As I matured, I gradually I got darker and my hair is now 3c/4a. These sorts of things happen to everyone.

It probably is a combination of your genes/lifestyle/diet/hormones.

My son is like that. He is still very fair, although he tans this time of year. But his big fluffy type two blonde curls are now rougher and tinged with darker brown hair.

Frquent Co washers may notice a change. Not that the texure itself changes, but that it is alot less dry and appears looser than before.

Back