How to tie up hair for thinning edges???

hot_pepper96

Should I use silk/satin scarfs or can I stick w/a satin bonnet. Right now I sleep w/a satin bonnet flipped inside out so that the elastic is facing outside. I still feeling a little pulling on my nape and edges especially when I take it off. What would you guys suggest I do when tying my hair up at night.

I would use a drawstring bonnet so that way you can make the elastic as tight as you'd like.;)

I use both! I put on the satin scarf but I don't tie it. I place the bonnet over the scarf. The elastic never touches me or my hair because it is placed on the scarf, however the elastic is tight enought to keep everything on. It works for me and my edges are much longer and fuller since I started doing this.

When I do tie up, I use a loosely ties silk scarf, and top it with a silk bonnet.

Not sure if this will help, but I have the same problem w/ thin temples. I have always had satin pillowcases in case my scarf comes off. I think I will try to sleep without a scarf or bonnet on the satin pillowcases because the scarf may be detrimental to my edges.

Back