How to Texturize?

soaries

I am considering getting a texturizer instead of relaxing bone straight. How long do you keep the relaxer in and how do you keep one side from being straighter than the other?

Thanks,

Sonya

[ QUOTE ]
I am considering getting a texturizer instead of relaxing bone straight. How long do you keep the relaxer in and

[/ QUOTE ]

How long you keep it in is an individual preference. It depends on your hair type, how much curl you'd like to leave, the relaxer strength, etc. Lots of people use a mild relaxer and leave it in for 5-10 minutes. I, however, use a regular strength relaxer and leave it in for 15 minutes. You should do a strand test for various sections of your hair to determine how long it should be left on each section to achieve the desired degree of curl pattern. For instance, my sides relax faster than the rest of my hair, so I apply the cream there last. I've even used a different strength for the sides at times.

[ QUOTE ]
how do you keep one side from being straighter than the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

Work quickly, yet thoroughly.

To avoid mistakes in timing, for the first couple of times I texturized, I applied it to one half of my head one day and the other half another day. lol

Back