How to take care of a sew-in weave

GeorginaSparks

I know there's a thread already but it's from 2008 and it doesnt have answers to some questions i have.
1. What products can i use without making the hair look greasy?
2. How do I wear it at night?
3. Best way to wash it? Like should I use my regular shampoos and conditioners?
4. How often to wash it? I CO wash my own hair twice a week. I've had this for about a week and my scalp is itching SO bad omg.

It's the curly weave in my avatar and I combed it out in preparation to wash and style it tomorrow.

5. Can I flat iron it because that's the plan :look:

This is my 1st time having one pls help.

You should try liquid oil to stop the itching. That may make it greasey but it will def stop the itching...and then after your first wash it will stop itch a lot.

You can keep using your regular stuff if it's easier for you. Especially if some of your hair is out

Where did you get the hair?
From a BSS that specializes in weaves. The pack says "Malaysian wave remy" if that makes sense.

ETA: It's Bobbi Boss Indi Remy

You should try liquid oil to stop the itching. That may make it greasey but it will def stop the itching...and then after your first wash it will stop itch a lot.
I have some argan oil ill try that.

I plan to aim that stream of water directly on my scalp :spinning:

Last edited:
^^If your going to wash it often just oil it up for the first few weeks, because it won't stay greasy long.

I've watched my mom go through this for years lol. You can use seabreeze as well to help offer you some relief

^^If your going to wash it often just oil it up for the first few weeks, because it won't stay greasy long.

I've watched my mom go through this for years lol. You can use seabreeze as well to help offer you some relief

I was thinking about Seabreeze or ACV/water or Witch Hazel?

My Friend, no I didnt. Was I supposed to? My friends dont wash theirs before. The weave shop is located INSIDE the BSS :lachen:

I was thinking about Seabreeze or ACV/water or Witch Hazel?

My Friend, no I didnt. Was I supposed to? My friends dont wash theirs before. The weave shop is located INSIDE the BSS :lachen:

My stylist uses Seabreeze

I'm not My Friend, but some people have an allergy to what they coat the hair with. I do but I don't get braids anymore so I don't even remember how to treat the hair now lol.

My stylist uses Seabreeze

I'm not My Friend, but some people have an allergy to what they coat the hair with. I do but I don't get braids anymore so I don't even remember how to treat the hair now lol.

That makes so much sense. Hopefully when I wash it today the itching will stop.

Can anyone tell me if I can use my regular products to wash, condition and dry? And should I use clarifying shampoo or moisturizing shampoo? And is there a method to washing it?

shockolate, I didn't want to derail your thread, but since I'm not getting any responses on the other thread, I'll just post this here again because I really want to wash my hair today.

I got a weave installed two weeks ago so i wouldn't be bothered by my hair for a while after having my baby. The problems I have are following, I would really appreciate advice on what to do:

1) I think the hair was installed a bit too tight, or maybe I'm just not used to sew ins any more, but in places around my hair line I feel crusts on my scalp.

2) unfortunately, I didn't strip the base on the hair before getting it installed, so I'm scared to wash my hair right now, although I really want to wash my hair - any tips? Should I just take the sew in out in order to wash my hair, strip it and get it re installed.

3) because I am scared of the base, I have not been using water based moisturizers and my hair is screaming for water. I am even scared to steam while in the sew-in. I wish I could spray my scalp to relieve the dryness!

I guess the only smart thing I did with this install is making sure she left my edges out!
Any advice will be appreciated.

Hey Ladies :hiya:
Here is a helpful Blog that was sent to me in regards to caring for weaves. I hope it helps to answer most of your questions :yep:
I'm due to get an install today as well (actually within the next 5mins) and I plan on using this thing as my own personal "weave-care" bible!

I just lost my response and I'm not retyping.

The thread from Ediese is still valid today. She wore weaves for years and kept her hair underneath healthy and thriving. She put that one thread together so that FAQ would be in one spot. If that thread doesn't answer you question look for others where she did reveals and posted her regime based on the type of hair she had.

This is the products I used for my curly weave: http://www.softsheen-carson.com/_us/_en/weave-care/index.aspx

Good Luck!

I just lost my response and I'm not retyping.

The thread from Ediese is still valid today. She wore weaves for years and kept her hair underneath healthy and thriving. She put that one thread together so that FAQ would be in one spot. If that thread doesn't answer you question look for others where she did reveals and posted her regime based on the type of hair she had.

This is the products I used for my curly weave: http://www.softsheen-carson.com/_us/_en/weave-care/index.aspx

Good Luck!
Thanks a lot. And Im AMAZED that there's a hair product line for weave care. PERFECT. That's a genius idea!!:lol:
I will def check it out and also search for Ediese's threads.

Back