How to Oil Rinse Overnight?

It~Can~Grow

:perplexed

Read the thread on Shikakai oil rinsing and instructions varied from leaving on 1 hour to overnight.

I'm interested in the overnight process and wondered how does/can this work and NOT run down your head all night :nono:

It said rinse with oil, wrap hair with plastic, plastic cap and scarf, but...it still seems as though you would wake up drowning after the oil ran down your ears, face and neck all night :lachen:

Seriously, I'm a heavy gal and body heat is no joke around 2:00am, so just wondered how others successfully left their oil rinse on all night.

Thanks for the input

I DC'd overnight and I put a shower cap on then folded up a scarf like a headband and tied that around the shower cap edges....THEN tied another scarf overtop of it all and I was super hot all night. Maybe that would work, but I'd be too scared that the oil might drip everywhere and make my face break out.

:lachen: @ body heat at 2AM. I woke up throwing covers this morning . :giggle:

When I use it I don't use enough to run. I put some on my fingertips and massages it into my scalp. I keep doing that until I've covered my entire scalp and had a good massage.

Girl this makes so much more sense than what I was thinking...I was thinking 1/2 cup of oil and drenching my hair strands.:spinning:

Glad I asked - if I thought my scalp oil was staining my pillow cases...I dread at the thought of what an oil bath would have done to the bed :drunk: :grin::lachen:

Thanks, Sareca

:lachen: @ body heat at 2AM. I woke up throwing covers this morning . :giggle:

When I use it I don't use enough to run. I put some on my fingertips and massages it into my scalp. I keep doing that until I've covered my entire scalp and had a good massage.

Back