How to make a 3/4 Wig: Videos Inside

I can't wait til I get off work & can watch these !!!!!

I have a few questions that may very well be answered in the videos (won't know till 6pm), but:

1. What are the general rules for caring for a 3/4 wig ? Does care & maintenance depend primarily upon the type of hair used ?

2. How do you properly measure the size of the wig for your head & maintain those dimensions?

3. How do you decide how large the part (u, l, etc.,) should be ?

4. If the wig doesn't come out properly are the extensions easy to remove from the cap ?

5. Do you have any info for or against sewing on a 3/4 wig ?

I'll stop there, until I get home...lol !

1. What are the general rules for caring for a 3/4 wig ? Does care & maintenance depend primarily upon the type of hair used ? It's just like a wig...you take it off when you wanna or leave it on as long as you want to. I sew my wigs on and leave it on for two weeks. I don't sew the back down because i want the freedom to lift the wig up to moisturize my hair and oil my scalp. See video below for a visual of my wash method. The better the hair you buy...the longer the wig will last.

My wash regimen while wearing a 3/4 wig

2. How do you properly measure the size of the wig for your head & maintain those dimensions? The wig cap has draw strings. As you saw in Part 2 i would put the wig on my head and pull the strings to get a feel on how tight i want the wig. The draw string will stay put or you can mark with a white eyeliner where the draw string meets to know how tight you will need to pull it if the strings loosen.

3. How do you decide how large the part (u, l, etc.,) should be ? it's up to you on how much leave out you want.

4. If the wig doesn't come out properly are the extensions easy to remove from the cap ? Yes. Just snip the thread away

5. Do you have any info for or against sewing on a 3/4 wig ? It's safer on your hair than a sew in. You dont have to worry about the string of the weave thread snagging your hair while you install it. Other options...you can sew a comb or clip ins on the edges of the wig to install it.

I'll stop there, until I get home...lol ![/QUOTE]

I so needed this right now! I never like the wigs I buy in the stores even after I get them cut. I want to make one with my virgin hair I ordered (I've tried before and failed miserably). The weather is warming up which means more washing/cowashing and I don't want to have to wear a boring bun/puff every single day like I've been doing. I'll watch these later on. Thanks OP.

Thanks! I have the Creta girl wig (which I'm wearing today and a co-worker just asked me if it was my hair lol, and then tugged on it) and I've been looking for something like this but in human hair. Maybe I'll need to do it myself. Off to see your vids
eta: You're very pretty!

Back