How to get into dress without messing up hair?

mg1979

So I'm getting my hair done at the salon on my wedding day. Any tips on how to get into the dress the day of the wedding without messing up my hair? Every fitting they always put the dress on over my head but my hair would get messed up. I could try stepping into it, but that could be hard with the slip. I'm definitely going to practice before the day but looking for tips first.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I think I covered my head when the dress was put over my head, due to the fact I had a huge slip. You could try stepping into it and putting the slip on after you pull the dress up.

OR you put the dress on top of the slip, and then step into both of them.

Depends on the the type of dress you have. I had a strapless dress so I raised my arms over my head and it was pulled over me

I think part of the problem is the opening to get in isn't very wide, maybe a longer zipper for a larger opening would be easier. We tried pulling having someone pull it over me, but it totally messed up my hair. I tried stepping into the dress with the slip already on. That worked but it was very difficult, because we had to stuff the slip into the dress & its a very full slip. We considered putting on the dress and then the slip, but I guess this particular combo you have to put on the slip and then the bra, because the bra is really long and cover the slip. Next time I may have to try just putting on the dress, then the slip under it, and then try to put the bra on. Really weird, I know.

So this may be different for everyone depending on the type of dress, type of slip, type of bra, etc. but definitely something to practice before the big day. Unless you can get your hair person to come out and do it your hair after you get dressed.

What style do you plan to get? If it's an updo of some sort, I would wear a bonnet if it's a dress that has to slip over my head. If you're wearing it down, then I would lightly drape a silk scarf over my head (do not tie!) and gently pull the dress over. I've done this with great success in preventing bedhead. :)

What style do you plan to get? If it's an updo of some sort, I would wear a bonnet if it's a dress that has to slip over my head. If you're wearing it down, then I would lightly drape a silk scarf over my head (do not tie!) and gently pull the dress over. I've done this with great success in preventing bedhead. :)

Thanks. I'm doing half up half down, but the stylist also told me she has to put the veil in then too to make sure it's secure.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

The stylist can't put the veil on after? Are you having a long veil or short one? If a sort one, then do the steps I suggested above. If a long one, You may have to roll up the veil very carefully and pin to the back of your hair. The back of you hair will be out correct?

The stylist can't put the veil on after? Are you having a long veil or short one? If a sort one, then do the steps I suggested above. If a long one, You may have to roll up the veil very carefully and pin to the back of your hair. The back of you hair will be out correct?

The veil is medium length. She can't put it on after b/c I'm having my hair done at the salon and apparently it will be too loose if I just have someone else put it in after I get dressed. I'm not sure what all she's gonna do to get it secure, maybe secure it with bobby pins.

can you put a lightweight piece of fabric over your head then put the dress of then carefully take the fabric off? I hope this makes sense lol

Try kneeling on the floor on a towel so you're lower. That way it's not as hard for the MOH or BM to get the dress over your head and maneuver it into place without messing up your hair.

Back