How to get along with your beautician questions

summerof1990

i really hate going into real salons and im afraid to cut my own hair.
so i go to walmart salon for a trim.

have you ladies ever went into a salon and handed them your own comb lol
do they NEED to cut hair with the tiny tooth comb?

and do u think walmart will know our term dusting hair. i walk in with APL and always leave out with shoulder length hair( do you really have to cut that much walmart come on. no biggie though)

Show the stylist the amount you want trimmed using your index finger and thumb as a guide.

The last stylist who trimmed me told me that she only takes off 1/8 of an inch, she really did and I was pleased.

I agree with LiftedUp, just show them the amount of hair you want trimmed. Literally take your hair and smooth it down to where you'd like it clipped. Also, most stylists should use a cutting comb (has fine teeth on one side and medium on the other) ask her to use the medium end... rat tail combs are not really the "proper" comb to use, but they work just as well so I guess many stylists started using them to cut.

I hope you can learn to dust your own hair. Its rare that you will find a stylist who knows the meaning of 1/4inch. They all tend to over cut. By this, I mean they keep cutting the same spot over & over so all the pieces look short, but it all adds up to inches. Like someone said in another thread, supercuts tends to cut exactly what you want (no agenda in hand).

I hope you can learn to dust your own hair. Its rare that you will find a stylist who knows the meaning of 1/4inch. They all tend to over cut. By this, I mean they keep cutting the same spot over & over so all the pieces look short, but it all adds up to inches. Like someone said in another thread, supercuts tends to cut exactly what you want (no agenda in hand).

i don't like cutting my hair and if i do it will be un even

Ask if you can stand up while the cut, if the back of the chair is in the way they cut above it (shoulders) as for bring you own comb: not sanitary make sure to bring one nice and clean the can put in the sanitizer if the want.

Back