How to do my Caruso?

SleepyJean

I just got some caruso rollers for my birthday, but don't know how to do them. Should I put them on wet or air dried hair? What type of products should I use, to my hair can be moisturized? Don't tell me Lacio Lacio, because I haven't gotten any of it yet. I do have a new Pantene leave-in that I believe rivals Lacio Lacio. I have plenty of oils!!! I have Infusium and V05 spray leave-ins, that have plenty of silicones. I also have some end papers. I am great at roller sets, so I don't believe rolling will be a problem. I need help. I don't want it to be frizzy.

Personally i can only use them when my hair has been straightened. I use them to give me curls on my already flatironed texlaxed hair. I use end papers on mine. My curls are better when I leave then in longer - 20-30 min.

I sometimes have to pat them on a towel (on the side that sticks down on the steamer) to get the residual water out of the inside of the curler. That is only with the regular one. With the "Pro" one (the one that makes the clicking noise), I don't have to do that. The regular one gives me better curls though.

Personally i can only use them when my hair has been straightened. I use them to give me curls on my already flatironed texlaxed hair. I use end papers on mine. My curls are better when I leave then in longer - 20-30 min.

I sometimes have to pat them on a towel (on the side that sticks down on the steamer) to get the residual water out of the inside of the curler. That is only with the regular one. With the "Pro" one (the one that makes the clicking noise), I don't have to do that. The regular one gives me better curls though.

Hey HoneyDew! I was visiting you're Fotki, when I realized we had the same Caruso set. Thanks for the information.

Hey HoneyDew! I was visiting you're Fotki, when I realized we had the same Caruso set. Thanks for the information.

So you have the one with that makes the clicking noise? Girl, I have both models! Don't ask why! :lachen:

The one in my fotki is the "pro" one and it makes a clicking noise when you put it on the ionic setting. That setting gives more steam. It does not drip like the cheaper one does, but I do find that it does not get as warm. because of that I can either deal with looser curls or leave it on the steam longer.

I do have the other model and that one is the one I use more often. But, it drips water when I take th roller off the steam! :look: I just pat it on a towel because that one tends to give longer lasting curls in a shorter amount of time. The one in my fotki I just leave in longer and get the same effect.

Update us on your first set! I love Carusos. I did not put rollers on my hair lastnight for bed so needless today my hair was not looking good for going out to dinner. Carusos hooked me right on up, though! :yep:

My arms were so tired! I gave up on the Caruso last wash day. I think I need more practice, because I knew my Caruso was going somehwhere that wasn't nice. The curls I did do were nice, but man...I need a bigger unit. I do have your unit, but when I opened the box, I realized it was the smaller version. How long does it normally take you to roll them? How long does it normally take them to dry?

My arms were so tired! I gave up on the Caruso last wash day. I think I need more practice, because I knew my Caruso was going somehwhere that wasn't nice. The curls I did do were nice, but man...I need a bigger unit. I do have your unit, but when I opened the box, I realized it was the smaller version. How long does it normally take you to roll them? How long does it normally take them to dry?

Okay I have that one too. They work both the same for me. I honestly don't know how long to put them in because it depends on the style. Less than the min for each section of hair, including the time it is on the steamer, rolling it with end papers and everything. I leave them in for about 20-30 min.

Hi! :wavey:

This is my fave Caruso thread - http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=138367 has uber info. :yep: I have it saved on my subscriptions.

HTH!

Thanks kels,

OP--They work best on my hair if it is already smooth/straight (except I rollerset to smooth it instead of flat ironing). On air dried hair, it frizzes back up the minute I go outside. Im still playing around with them to get the results I want, but they are great in a pinch when u need a quick nice hair do and dont have time to start from scratch. Shoot...throw those babies in, let them stay while I shower, get dressed, and put on makeup...then take them out and style...tie my edges down with a scarf for a few minutes or while Im in the car and Im good to go.

ETA I have the vidal sassoon ones, but they are made by the same company as caruso and basically the same thing as far as I know. Ive had the carusos before and cant tell a difference. Threw them away when I moved to FL bc I figured steam and humidity was a disaster waiting to happen. I decided to give them a shot again, but this time I got the VS ones. It does still frizz...but I have to experiment with using end papers, the amount of time on the steamer,etc.

Last edited:
This thread is so helpful! Thank you...I put the rollers on the steamer for about 10min. That might have been my problem. :rolleyes: I will continue practicing the caruso set until I master it. It was taking forever to dry.

10 minutes is too long IMHO. I follow the instructions and I leave each roller on the steamer between 7 - 10 seconds. I use end papers to roll each roller and that takes me about 7 - 8 seconds, so I have one roller on the steamer while I'm rolling a roller and continue the process. I find that they work best when you have more product on your hair opposed to having squeaky clean hair. HTH

Back