How To Do A Smooth Pony Tail???

Caramel Jewel

I guess I should look this up on You Tube but my question is how do you all, I guess 3C and 4A's, do a puff with the hair so smooth around the head...

although I'm transitioning, I think it would be hard for me to make the hair around the hairline - like by the temples and along the nape - smooth...

I've seen some picks on here where a few of you (natural I guess) have done this,

I'm thinking they pulled it back while it was wet, But I'm not sure how to do this because I fear I'll do damage to my hair by breaking my hair off from pulling it tight and/or brushing it smooth.....

even as I transition when I do a puff (as I twist out my relaxed hair) - My new growth is a little puffy

I saw someone on You tube once use a knee high...she tied in around and tightened it until she got her natural hair into a nice sized puff...when I tried it, the knee high just got too tight around my head...it didn't slide up along the hair to tighten it into a puff...

I'm not good at this styling stuff

Chicoro has a great tutorial in her fotki...and sorry, but it's pretty much impossible to do on anything other than wet hair (unless you use a spray bottle to dampen your edges). just tie it down with a scarf, and add a little gel if you desire.

Chicoro has a great tutorial in her fotki...and sorry, but it's pretty much impossible to do on anything other than wet hair (unless you use a spray bottle to dampen your edges). just tie it down with a scarf, and add a little gel if you desire.

thanks I figured it was water...when I was relaxed I used to slick back by wet hair with gel to create silky smooth looking hair....:)

Back