HOW TO DETERMINE

LadyCee

How do you determine your hair type?I hear alot of you lades talking about your hair types while I just sit in awe. So how can I find out if my hair is for example 4a or 4b or wat? Thnx guys

Also wat does the phrase bumpng for replies mean. There are so many coding on LHCF...if any more share. like ASL and BSL n WS?? mi confused lol..

GOD BLESS:D

APL : armpit length
BSL: bra strap length
WL: waist length

When people post saying "bumping for replies," they are moving the post up on the board in hopes that someone will reply to their post and/or question.

man there are a lot of us who are still trying to type thier hair... i am one of them. I have settled on 3c but it may be somethin else but who cares. There is something on the first page before you get to the forums about hair types click that and it will explain how it works and what each type looks like

I forgot how to get to the hair type explanation, but here is a thread to the acronyms. A key to finding most valuable info here is looking at the sticky (these are saved threads that moderatos (i.e. those running this thread) think are important enough to save to the top of the forum at all times. they never show up highlighted on my computer. when i found out about sticky I visited most, if not all, of them to see what they were talking about.

Commonly Used LHCF Acronyms
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...=LHCF+acronyms

Type 1 - STRAIGHT HAIR
Straight hair is classified as a 1. Straight hair reflects the most sheen. It is also the most resilient hair of all of the hair types. It is hard to damage and next to impossible to curl this hair texture. Because the sebum (natural oil produced in the sebaceous glands of the scalp) gently works its way from the scalp to the ends without the interference of curls or kinks, it is the most oily hair texture of all.

1A.jpg

Type 2 - WAVY HAIR
Wavy hair is classified as a 2. Wavy hair lies somewhere between straight and curly hair. It also imparts sheen, more than curly hair, but less than straight hair. The further down the wavy spectrum you go the less sheen the hair will impart. Wavy hair is typically more prone to frizz. While type A wavies can easily alternate between straight and curly styles, type B and C Wavy hair is resistant to styling.
Sub categories: 2A,2B,2C
2A.jpg
2B.jpg
2C.jpg
2A2B2C

Type 3 - CURLY HAIR
Type 3 hair is curly hair. If you pull a strand of a type 3 curly, you will notice it has a definite S shape. Granted, the S may be a lower case s or upper case S, or it may even resemble a Z on some occasions…however, there is a definite curl pattern in place, with our without products. This hair type is full bodied, climate dependent (humidity = frizz), and damage prone. Lack of proper care renders dull curls.
Sub categories: 3A, 3B, 3C
3A.jpg
3B.jpg
3C.jpg
3A3B3C

Type 4 - KINKY HAIR

Type 4 is Kinky hair. Despite many misconceptions, this tightly coiled hair is quite fine and fragile. It is wiry, and delicate by nature. Each strand usually has a zig zag pattern. It is the most prone to breakage and requires a gentle touch. Treat this hair type like a fine silk blouse – cleanse gently, detangle softly, and avoid harsh chemicals.

Sub categories: 4A, 4B,4C

4A.jpg
4B.jpg
4C.jpg
4A4B4C

Commonly Used LHCF Acronyms
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...=LHCF+acronyms

HOPE THIS HELPS! GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
Back