NEW TO LHCF...Need advice on how to get started!

GrowinLonger

I have been admiring all of you ladies and the success you've all had with growing your hair so nicely... I really appreciate the fact that you all share what you are doing and helpin' other sisters achieve their hair growth goals...

I have short hair from a recent 'short n sassy' type cut (about 4 months ago) and it is beginning to grow back in quickly, but it is very dry (type 4a/relaxed) . I will be getting a touchup on Weds. w/Affirm and from then on would like to seriously begin incorporating a new hair care regimen for myself.

I bought the following products from a natural store today: Aloe Vera Juice, Jojoba Oil, Rosemary, EO Peppermint, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and Aubrey Poo & Conditioner. Should I also get ALMA & Castor?

This will be my first time incorporating natural/organic products for my hair. Any advice on how to 'mix' these items for healthy hair care is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks :)

Welcome to the board.:) You might want to use the search button on the top. You will come up with a wealth of information about all types of products, recipes and anything hair related etc. There was a thread about Alma oil by Dlewis today.

I haven't tried the oils but the gurls always share info about them. I do want to try Alma and Coconut really soon.

:wave: Welcome girl!! Sounds like you got some good products to start with. I totally overdid it when I first joined and half the oils, poos and cons I bought then I don't use now. Start of slowly and test what you have...you'll become a full blown PJ before you know it!!

Hi and welcome! :)

Wow, you bought alot of good stuff, your hair will thank you for it!
Adding the peppermint oil to your shampoos and hair oils will give your scalp that "tingle"...the stimulation will help get those follicules working! :lol:

Back