How to curly sew-in no hair left out

caramelty

Okay ladies I have been getting alot of questions about the sew-in that I instructed sweetpeadst to do.

1. I cornrow 10 braids straight to the back the 2 closet on the top I try to make them closer together.

2. Once all the braids are in I braid them straight across and tack them down with needle and thread.

3. I then start sewing the weave to each cornrow to the back really simple I sometimes use 2 wefts of hair on each cornron.

4.Continue doing so until you reach the last 2 braids at the center top of your head when you get to those you sew the wefts on like you did the others. Then you go back over them and sew the braids together now you are closing up the gap.

VIOLA that is IT!

then cut or fluff as usual.....when I have human hair sometimes I soak it in conditioner and water and comb it thru with a wide tooth comb so when it dries it looks more natural. I hope this help some of you.

CARAMELTY!

Last edited:
Thanks CARAMELTY!

What type of hair do you use? I was thinking of getting hair something like Kelly Roland had at the awards yesterday. With the curly weaves, how long does it last? Don't you have issues with tangles?

When I had my weave done professionally. She braided as you said but she sewed in the wefts going across the head, not down. like from ear to ear.

But then again my weave was a hot mess because she used too much hair and you could actually see a braid in the front if I didn't slick my hair down....

But it was all good, i had the curly long hair that reminded me of ashantis style. Chillin on the beach of Atlantis in the Bahamas.... Oh what memories... :)

oglorious1 said:
I don't understand this part, could you clarify it please:confused:

YOu know like braid all the braids across the back line of you head and then sew that end of the braid down b/c when u get down braiding it will be only one braid at the end and you just sew it down or up which ever just dont leave it hanging.........

Also I have had hair sewed in straight across and I like this method much better b/c none of the braids or tracks are showing.....

Hi Caramelty!
Maybe you could help me with this part - I don´t understand it.
Do you sew the cornrows at your centerpart closer to each other?

4.Continue doing so until you reach the last 2 braids at the center top of your head when you get to those you sew the wefts on like you did the others. Then you go back over them and sew the braids together now you are closing up the gap.

TIA!

Back