How to Curl African American Hair Naturally: Whole Foods Market Video

JaneBond007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-kevchNE5Y&list=LLcZi8W8JfL_OysGaJYih2rg&feature=mh_lolz

Care for your curls with plant-based products that maintain the health and integrity of your hair. Stylist Amita Moticka walks you through a simple and effective regimen for soft, supple, beautiful curls.

I like the final style matching the straighter ends with the curly new growth and she didn't use the two-strand twists or braids to accomplish it. It's edgy and different...not cookie-cutter.

I've read through some of the comments and I think they are a bit unjust. It's true that they could have found a Black stylist but this lady does many other hair types for this video series. But one thing she said resonates with me and our mistakes...."afraid of using too much product...there isn't too much ..." I thought that was a good point.

I almost bought Beautiful Curls and the shea baby products at WHM because they are huge and a good price. Anybody use these here? How are they?

I saw the video the other day. I thought she did a fantastic job on the model's hair.

And I loved how she explained heavy product usage and layering it. Looking at her technique, I never would have predicted the end result.

She knows what she's doing....no doubt!

^^I've been doing my daughter's hair all wrong! Her technique combined with Natural Resources's video from that salon in Houston, TX is going to transform everything! I can't wait to get into my kid's hair this weekend. And I think where we are going wrong first is the shampoo.

Aw they should've shown her diffusing technique. They basically did a WnG on transitioning hair...hmm. Maybe I'll try this (with my own products) on a small section to see if it'd work.

I don't see the issue with the stylist, she has curly hair herself and seemed knowledgeable enough.

1) The model is gorgeous -- reminded me of Meagan Goode a little
2) The hairstyle came out super pretty :love: it!
3) The non-black hairstylist was completely comfortable doing her hair, not fidgety, not unsure of herself, none of that 'OMG what do I do with this' vibe going on.
4) Thumbs up from me :up:

1) The model is gorgeous -- reminded me of Meagan Goode a little
2) The hairstyle came out super pretty :love: it!
3) The non-black hairstylist was completely comfortable doing her hair, not fidgety, not unsure of herself, none of that 'OMG what do I do with this' vibe going on.
4) Thumbs up from me :up:
At the bolded......I noticed that, too.....She wasn't stand-offish or handling it like it was some alien-hair.

Yes, definitely two thumbs up!!

Oh I've seen videos or shows w/white stylists using that twirling technique w/small.

I don't have the patience to do it myself or to even sit in the chair for someone else to do it. Seems like it could take a while.

i think the stylist's advice was spot on. and gotta say-- i was surprised to see a white woman so knowledgeable about and comfortable with doing a black woman's transitioning hair. two thumbs up on alladat. didn't like the end result though. i think the model pulled it off because she was pretty

This is just a long commercial for the Beautiful Curls line at WF. I've bought one product but it had ingredients in it that my hair hates--I think aloe was one.

The style is nice, but like a PP said, who has patience for that? I could easily see that taking 2 hours just on SL-APL super kinky hair if you needed to do them that small.

That said, I actually do that technique w/o gel on my 7 yo's hair, but it much larger chunks--more like 7 pieces but she is almost WL. it takes half an hour to do the big twirlies (as we call them here lol) on heer Type 2-3 hair. I can't imagine on my type 4 super kinky stuff.

She used the tightly curly method to curl the hair (tightlycurly.com). This was a good video w/nice tips. I feel a bit better about layering products and using more.

Ok I got it to work finally. There were some nice tips in here. I wonder what her hair looked like the next day. I wonder if she was able to maintain it for a few days.

If I could do my hair in 2 hours I would think I was in heaven :lol:

a few thoughts:
-we're so easy to please
-my heart felt uncomfortable watching her doing that girl's hair, almost like the stylist could do something to ruin the girl's hair at any minute :lol:
-the stylist was very comfortable handling african american hair. surprised
-why does whole foods have a youtube channel? :lol:

Back