How the heck do you sleep on flexirod sets???

Katt73

I tried a flexirod set a while back and it was SO CUTE the first day...then I went to sleep. I had pincurled it, but the next morning its was just kind of "flat". How do you ladies care for your flexirod sets?

My hair is uber short now but in the past, I got nothing but curly sets done. Straw sets, roller sets, wet sets, spiral curls, and, the topic of discussion, flexirods.

For me, keeping my hair oiled (I used African pride) and sleeping on a satin pillow case was all I needed. I took showers with a shower cap but made sure not to stay in the shower too long or make the water temp too hot. In the morning, I just fluffed and went. My sets lasted a week and a half. HTH.

Actually I have the same problem. I have some pics in my album. It looks so messy after 3-4 days.... The first couple of days it's ok because I add a little oil and separate the curls out in the morning and twist around my finger. After the curl loosens some though......:nono:

Really easy. I learned this from Supergirl:

1. stand up.
2. bend over, letting your hair down.
3. put on your satin bonnet while bending over
4. sleep.

During my relaxed years, I've experienced that same "flat" look the next day after sleeping. It didn't matter whether I pinned my hair up or put a satin cap or bonnet on, I would still get that "flat" look. So that left me with only 2 options....Put the rods back in or sleep with my arms crossed under my head LOL!! Sleeping on my arms was what I chosed to do, since I mainly sleep on my stomach anyways. Don't know what advice to give you, but good luck on finding a way. :)

During my relaxed years, I've experienced that same "flat" look the next day after sleeping. It didn't matter whether I pinned my hair up or put a satin cap or bonnet on, I would still get that "flat" look. So that left me with only 2 options....Put the rods back in or sleep with my arms crossed under my head LOL!! Sleeping on my arms was what I chosed to do, since I mainly sleep on my stomach anyways. Don't know what advice to give you, but good luck on finding a way. :)

I was just about to say that! The only thing that really works for me is sleeping on my face. LOL.

I did a flexirod set this past weekend and they were sooo cute. I did them on Saturday, for church on Sunday and knew going in that was about all I could count on :grin:

I slept in a satin bonnet and kind of did the head tilt to get them to fluff out under the bonnet - next day they were cute - just no longer the spirals of Saturday:nono:.

I've learned to accept I get one good day from rollerset and styles like that - that's why the wrap was so popular with me :yep:

Honestly, this bun thing works for me on so many levels.

Oh, back to the original topic..I just fluffed on Monday and did the headband thing and called it twists :lachen:

I did a flexirod set this past weekend and they were sooo cute. I did them on Saturday, for church on Sunday and knew going in that was about all I could count on :grin:

I slept in a satin bonnet and kind of did the head tilt to get them to fluff out under the bonnet - next day they were cute - just no longer the spirals of Saturday:nono:.

I've learned to accept I get one good day from rollerset and styles like that - that's why the wrap was so popular with me :yep:

Honestly, this bun thing works for me on so many levels.

Oh, back to the original topic..I just fluffed on Monday and did the headband thing and called it twists :lachen:

That's pretty much it!
Thanks, ladies!
(I'm still gonna try sleeping on my face tonight, though...)

Back