How soon is too soon to start being exclusive?

DayStar

I was talking to some girlfriends and they were frowning on the idea of being exclusive with someone after a month. My argument is that maybe the chemistry is that strong...i dont believe there is a time that is too short..every situation is different to be exclusive.....just like i think you can get married as soon as both of you KNOW you are ready for it..

your thoughts?

I agree with you.

I think it depends on the people involved. There are some who are ready for a relationship and when they see someone they click with, they say, "Why not?"

Of course, I'd hope the two people involved had spent a decent amount of time together. It might not be a good idea to be exclusive within a month if you just met and only had two dates or something...

I was talking to some girlfriends and they were frowning on the idea of being exclusive with someone after a month. My argument is that maybe the chemistry is that strong...i dont believe there is a time that is too short..every situation is different to be exclusive.....just like i think you can get married as soon as both of you KNOW you are ready for it..

your thoughts?

I agree with you. While it would be ideal to court longer than a month, if the chemistry (not lust) is that strong,I say go for it!

A maximum I can understand, but a minimum esp. one like a month sounds like bullcrapery to me. It depends on those two ppl and their relationship. Shoot, if a fantastic man meets a fantastic woman, she wants to be exclusive, and he wants to be exclusive and she says no due to some all governing rule she's a fool.
Nah, I need you to be open to other ppl honey even though you're fly as heck and want to be with me only. Yah okay. Makes sense.

I don't think there is a set standard. In fact, some people never date more than one person at a time, so this isn't even an issue.

If you think this person is good for you, go for it. It's never too soon to be happy. Now if you were talking marriage that'd be a different thing.

Also because of how much time ppl spend together and the dynamics of their relationship it may take two ppl months to get to the point of being exclusive or it might take them one month.

I don't think there is a set standard. In fact, some people never date more than one person at a time, so this isn't even an issue.

If you think this person is good for you, go for it. It's never too soon to be happy. Now if you were talking marriage that'd be a different thing.
:yep::yep:

thanks ladies.....i think time limits on dating are so silly especially if both feel the chemistry is real..and are both ready to exclusively be with eachother.

on the one hand - you can always break up with him if after 3 months you find out that he's crazy. this is just being boy/girlfriend right?

on the other hand - however, i would wonder about someone that is so eager to lock me down so soon. i've been there with a guy that was 'head over heels' in a few weeks. now, i think i'm pretty fab, but on the real, come on! this particular guy had issues with being alone, hadn't worked out the issues from his last relationship and pretty much jumped from girl to girl muddying the waters. maybe if the guy has been single for some time and it's obvs that he has done the work and learned the lessons, why even make yourself vulnerable to that kind of potential drama.

Back