How soon do you relax after...

Mamacita

you take down your braids. The crown and glory technique recommends waiting 2 months. That personally seems like a long time. If you do wait that long, how do you handle the new growth, there HAS to be a ton of it. So what time frame would you all recommend? Thanks.

I wait a week too. It is most important to keep the hair moisturized during that week. My experience has been that this is one time where oils, greases etc are better suited than conditioners and water.

When I quit braids and went in for a consultation to get my virgin afro relaxed back in April, my stylist advised that I wash, condition, and moisturize the fro and then leave it for a week. (He refused to service it sooner, so I had no choice but to wait.
sleep.gif
)

So I guess no one waits 2 months to relax huh?? It seems that 1 week seems to be the magic answer. Thanks for all the responses
wink.gif

yep 1-2 weeks..maybe longerif you go to the dominicans and get a roller set and blow your roots strait, or flat iron them......

My sister made the mistake of relaxing right after taking them out...and she burned like h*ll and was underprocessed....wait!!.

Back