How often do you wear protective styles?

How often do you wear protective styles?

• About 10 percent of the time

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • About 25 percent of the time

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • About half the time

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • About 75 percent the time

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Never

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Almost always (more than 90 percent)

Votes: 61 67.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vtoodler

How often do you wear protective styles in an average month?

What are your favorite protective styles? (the ones that you think are most stylish)

I'd say I wear protective styles about almost always.

It keeps my hair from matting and it's easy :yep:

ETA: Twist outs are my preferred protective style.

Last edited:
i wore a weave for a couple of months but other than that i dont PS...im going to start wearing wigs though...&i dont/cant do them but buns and twists are my favorite protective styles to look at.

I wear them almost always. I often use buns (high and low), updos, french braids, low side braids, and ponytails (does that count?). My favorite style is a stylish low bun with a headband. It's so cute and versatile for any occasion.

Yeah, I'm not really a protective styler...I'm more of a low-manipulation styler and do wear those often (wash and go, wash and go pony, twist out)...Occasionally, if my kitchentician is up to it, I will rock flat twists or cornrows...but not usually.

Yeah, I'm not really a protective styler...I'm more of a low-manipulation styler and do wear those often (wash and go, wash and go pony, twist out)...Occasionally, if my kitchentician is up to it, I will rock flat twists or cornrows...but not usually.
I laugh every time I read kitchentician.

OT: I am officially your new fotki stalker:look:

Almost always. It is easier because I am so freakin busy. I only have to touch my hair once a week

I "WIG IT" 5 Days a Week (work). Serves as a Great PS & a Great Winter Hat.:lol:

Basically I only wear my hair on the weekends.:yep:

The whole month. Maybe I will wear it out once. I just don't feel like wearing my hair out that much anymore...I got super lazy....

About 99% of the time, for winter i wear braids with my own hair and sometimes buns. Next year in the summer i will do more buns and ponytails.

I'm in some sort of protective style about 95% of the time whether in braids, wigs, buns or weaves. I'm a low maintenance type of person and this fits into my lifestyle more.

Been wigging it since October (maybe September) and will continue through March. Not sure what I'll do when it gets warmer though, I really like my WNGs.

Usually wear protective styles majority of the time. Mostly two-strand twists that I then put into a bun or updo. Takes me forever to twist my hair but I love not doing too much to my hair during the week.

I either wear a bun or a wash-n-go ponytail 100% of the time. I'm a protective styler by default. Even if I wasn't trying to grow my hair, it would still be in a bun or ponytail.

My absolute favorite protective style to look at is 2-strand twists. I can twist other peoples hair, but I can't do my own...and I refuse to pay someone to do it. I will just keep practicing.

I protective style almost all the time. Just putting my hair under a wig is just easy. Also bunning keeps my hair off my neck. Even wearing my hair down right now for Christmas is irritating me.

[/B]
*gasps* Are twist outs considered a ps? Looks like you have achieved good length...

For me it's been a great protective style and a way for me to wear my hair out often. The key to this being a protective style for me, is that I retwist nightly, but I don't comb or brush my hair from one wash to the next--for me it's very little manipulation.

I've never done protective styling for more than a week or 2 until I did a personal month long bun challenge about 2 months ago. This year I'm trying something different and I'm going to bun 100% of the time for the next 6 months. We'll see what happens. :lol:

I chose almost always. Mostly because my hair is to short to wear 'down'. I like doughnut buns, weave ponytails, trying to ease up on the LF and half wigs because of my hairline.

I protective style 99% of the time. Yet I mostly always have. I go through my eras once in a blue moon where I want to wear my hair out. But not often.

I love low maintenance hair styles. I also love convenience. I wig it most of the time.

For 2011 I will be wigging it for 3 weeks of the month and wearing my hair in another PS style for the other 9/10 days :)

Well, at the moment, my hair looks quite bad when it's down anyway :(, so by default I just have to stick with protective styles pretty much nearly all the time, whether it's buns, French plaits, braids, weaves or half wigs. And hey, they are easier and I love changing my style anyway :D

Back