How often do you take a hair break?

dicapr

I am ready to enjoy my hair a little bit. For the past few years, my hair has not been easy and enjoyable. When I first came here my hair was over processed and damaged so no heat and protective styles were all that I could do. Then I decided to transition. I loved being natural, but my hair is fine and natural styles that took hours to do were only good for a week. My hair also knotted up horribly if I wore it out. I went a year with little to no retention due to single strand knots and I decided to texlax. My hair is very easy to do now and I enjoy the way it looks. The last week I have been taking a break from the bun challange and I am tempted to forget doing extra to my hair. I just want to enjoy it. Right now I am loving my wash and go, but maybe next week I'll flat iron it. Does anyone else take a break from all the extras and just enjoy their hair?

I must say its tempting, especially when I leave the hairdresser or unwrap my hair, my hair look so nice to me, but I have to remember im on a mission to APL. Once I get to APL then I will chill...I did let me hair down when I got my relaxer, but it was just for one day..

I don't think I can take a break from Cowashing, DC and the rest, cause now I enjoy doing it, its like my hobby....But bunning is where I make my money, and thats where the tempatation comes in, but I have to remember my goal..then I bun it up..

Yeah you not alone...but remember your goal....

Last edited:
I'm enjoying my hair this week. I'm wearing it down and flipping it in everyone's face.:perplexed:look: esp DH.

I must say its tempting, especially when I leave the hairdresser or unwrap my hair, my hair look so nice to me, but I have to remember im on a mission to APL. Once I get to APL then I will chill...I did let me hair down when I got my relaxer, but it was just for one day..

I don't think I can take a break from Cowashing, DC and the rest, cause now I enjoy doing it, its like my hobby....But bunning is where I make my money, and thats where the tempatation comes in, but I have to remember my goal..then I bun it up..

Yeah you not alone...but remember your goal....

True! I am on the bun challenge so I need to get back to it. Stretched, my hair is modest APL now. I want full APL this summer. So maybe next week I'll bring back the bun :sad:.

Great question

I am 21 weeks post relaxer and I am enjoying the braid-outs and buns I am relaxing at 26 weeks though. I put no heat on it. Ok only once and that was back in Jan.09.

Back