How often do you moisturize your hair?

How often do you moisturize your hair to prevent dryness?

• Once a week

Votes: 26 4.7%
  • Twice a week

Votes: 54 9.7%
  • Once a day

Votes: 263 47.1%
  • 2 or more times a day

Votes: 194 34.8%
  • other (please explain)

Votes: 21 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it depends on the state of my hair, sometimes i have to moisturize twice a day and sometimes i can get away with moisturizing every other day.

To be honest, I need to moisturize more often. Currently I'm wearing my hair pressed and because I don't want it to revert I only moisturize with my olive/coconut oil mix and a little bit of kinky curly leave in. I do it maybe 3x a week.

I love your hair. I'm newly natural twa and I'm working on finding a moisturizing treatment. I'm using NTM and seal with Vatika. I think I need NTM at least twice daily. What kinky curly leave in are you using.

:bdance:

Three times a day (sometimes more) with no exceptions. My hair is very dry and keeping it moist is a priority.

I went with "other".

I tend to moisturize every other day when I apply my growth aids, but I should really do it every day. It's been dryer than I'd like. :sad:

I voted once per day because that is the usual. However, there are times when I moisturize twice a day because I usually braid my hair before going to bed (1-5 braids depending on how tired I am). Because my hair is in a bun a lot, I use Scurl to moisturize my edges before applying IC gel. If my hair is loose during the day, I ALWAYS moisturize at night with shea butter and seal with castor oil.

Normally I moisturize once a day but sometimes when my hair is really dry I will moisturize once in the morning and once at night before bed. And times when my hair seems to be retaining moisture well I skip a day. So I just look to my hair and moisturize as needed.

I moisturize twice a day. The best product that's given me good moisture is Organics by Africa's Best Shea Butter and Tea Tree Oil Moisturizer. Nothing beats that for me. NOTHING!

Most of the times I moisturize once a week. Eveery now and then twice a week. I'm natural and my hair is healthy and I haven't had any moisture issue thus far. Also, my conditioners, leave-in's and styling products are moisturizing in themselves. I truly think this prevents me from having to moisturize so much.:grin:

ETA: I deep condition a minimum of once a week with a moisturizing conditoner with castor oil and honey added to it for even more moisture..

Last edited:
I moisturize once a day but sometimes I became a little lazy which leads to me doing it once every other day. I use Qhemet Biologics Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm and Qhemet Biologics’s Burdock Root Butter Cream then seal with a mixture of black Jamaican castor and jojoba oil.

I voted twice a day, I do it in the morning when I upwrap and style my hair and at night before I wrap it up with my silk scarf.

I know that keeping the hair moisturized is very important when it comes to hair care. How often do you moisturize your hair and what products/technique do you use? I have been on this board for about three years and I am just now getting the hang of how to keep my hair moisturized. At first I would apply a moisturizer maybe a few times a week and wondered why my hair always felt dry and hard. I would take some moisturizer, rub it through my hair one good time and be done. Now I apply a moisturizer 2-3 times a day by parting my hair and moisturizing the hair and scalp. I never kept my scalp moisturized and now I see that it is a very important step. I like organic root stimulator olive oil hair lotion, it is so rich and not too thick.

I do realize that every bodies hair is different and some don't need as much moisture as often as others, so I would like to know how you ladies keep your hair moisturized.

I moisturize daily sometimes 2x/day if my hair already absorbed the product. I use co-washes oils, condish, coconut or monoi oil, when straightened I co-wash less often

Last edited:
twice a day with a spray bottle thats 90% water 10% conditioner. my hair gets drrrrry :)
i use a leave in once a week and seal with castor oil a few times a week.

Prolly 1-2 times a day depending on how it feels..i use anything that moisturizes it..hairveda hydosoft to bonner brothers caster oil cream..

I'm natural, and I moisturize everyday. I do not want to give my hair the chance to dry out.

Me to. I'm texlaxed but I don't give my hair a chance to dry out and split so I miosturize once a day and seal once if I've been bunning but twice if my hair's been out all day.

I moisturize on a daily basis..but sometimes I will put a little extra oil on the ends at night especially if I've been wearing it out...

When I first joined the broad I was moisturizing 2 twice a day. I had extremely dry hair and didn't have the knowledge like I have now. But since I have a steady regime I only moisture once a day. Learning about Porosity and protein levels have really cut back on my moisturizing.

I moisturize once a day with my Design Essentials, Mizani, or Jane Carter Solution moisturizer. I seal with JCS Nourish and Shine or Mizani serum.

With shea butter, it depends for me. If I keep my hair twisted, I don't have to put additional moisturizer in at all. Once I take it down, every other day works well.

I'm natural.

cj

i moisturize my hair 2 times a day. not because i have to but becasue i like to moisturize before i climb in the bed. but since i've started using shea butter im sure i can go 2 days or more without moisturizing. but i also rinse my hair daily in the shower.

I just recently started a new moisturizing routine but so far this is what I do,
1. spritz hair with my "umhmm moisturizer" (concoction I created)
2. apply a moisturizing cream (Nuetrogena Triple Action daily deep conditioner or Soft Sheen-Carson shea Roots of Nature butter green tea)
3. apply a oil to seal the ends
4. apply a butter

I do this because I have really really dessert dry hair. And so far this has worked wonders.

Back