How often do you go to the hair salon?

naomi said:
I only go the salon for a relaxer touch-up and that's about every 3 months. And just maybe for a special occasion, I'll go in for a wash and style.

Co-signing....touch-up, 3-4 month range; if occasion, going out...wash/rollerset....

naomi said:
I only go the salon for a relaxer touch-up and that's about every 3 months. And just maybe for a special occasion, I'll go in for a wash and style.
Co-signing too. Only for touch-ups and special occasions (birthday, weddings). Would go more often if it wasn't an all day process because I like the pampering, but I don't have the time.

I used to go every 10-14 weeks for a relaxer, but I've been going every week for a wash and set the last couple of months.

I just started going about every two weeks. I'm kind of hair stupid and the best I can do with my hair is pulling it back into a bun. Since I have finally achieved a little length, I wanted to wear it down a little bit without it looking like a thick bushy mess. I'll probably keep going through the end of the year...getting it done for New Years...and then cut way back like before and just go for touch-ups and special occasions but I've given up on self-relaxing. I think I ended up causing more harm than good and I'm thankful that there are people willing to take money to deal with my nappy hair!

I used to go every 2 weeks religiously. Since my transition, I've gone once in 18 weeks and my hair is doing great. :antlers:

I do not go to the hair salon regularly. The only time I go is for a trim and that is on a as needed basis. I don't even set an appointment for this. She only charge me five bucks and I love how she knows exactly what a trim is and does not cut my hair. I know I am funny (and y'all can laugh at me :lol: ), but before I go (I don't tell her) but, I measure my hair before I go and when I return home. When I return home from my trim, my hair is exactly 1/4 of an inch shorter. I love her for that!

Back