Votes: 47 16.8%
  • Twice a month

Votes: 41 14.6%
  • Three times a month

Votes: 17 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 112 40.0%

• Total voters
I think I over did it this past week. I flat ironed my hair, but it reverted really fast. I noticed afterwards that my ends were messed up, but I still straightened again three days later. I can't believe I'm so addicted to straightening my hair.

I would blowdry and flat iron after every wash every 7-21 days. But I would touch up 2-3 times a week (just running through to get out bumps and dents and to curl the ends). And I wonder why I have so many splits.

I've just started and i'm transitioning, i've flatironed 3 times in 2 months...it's been 8 months since i've had a relaxer...

I mostly flat iron for twists, trims and small sections for length checks. So i'd say approx 4-5 times/year. I've gotta have my heat protection.

Twice a month, and I don't do it myself, my sister (who is a certified haitstylist) washes, deep conditions, and flat irons it every other week.

My first time flat ironing my hair was when I was 19. I have only flat ironed it 3 times since. I just airdry or wrap it

depends on how i feel, my hair flat ironed now, next time i flat iron it, it will be at the end of sept and then for thanksgiving then i might do it for christmas, but i am stopping flat ironing as much as i have been

I started back flatironing my hair every week. I hate dealing with tangles and knots on the end of my hair.

I started back flatironing my hair every week. I hate dealing with tangles and knots on the end of my hair.

Yea I'm with you!. I used to only do it every 2 to 3 months but I got and still have a lot of single strand knots from wearing wash n go puffs. I'll be wearing my hair straight for a while, maybe forever if I don't figure out a way to get rid of these ssk's:perplexed But I only flat iron my roots and do rollersets to straighten my ends.

I don't know how you chica's w/relaxed hair go without flat ironing your hair for months at a time... That just doesn't sound right, my 4something hair is not havin it! Lol:grin:

BUT! I am just speaking for myself. I personally don't like going to work looking like a bushy headed wild child.

How do you get your hair to look professionally presentable if you don't use heat? I use it everytime I wash...once a week, and I use heat protectant. But I attend HUGE company meetings twice a week, and I can't look like the poor little black girl...

I flat ironed 1x for the year and that was the first time in about 5 years so not very often.

Whenever I feel like it. But never more than twice in one month. I feel like if you take care of your hair it will be fine. Dont forget heat protectant(sp)

Maybe once a month...it depends. At one point I was doing it weekly and it made my hair so thin. I now focus on less....:grin:

By the time this year is over with, I will have flat ironed my hair somewhere between 5-7 times I think...which equates to about once every other month, if you average it out.

I wanna get the rollersetting and silk wrap process down, so I can avoid flat ironing past my roots, if possible.

I usually flat iron after every wash b/c i wouldn't be able to do anything with it if I didn't except wear a ponytail. I wash once a week at least no more than twice. I haven't gotten into cowashing and the others.:rolleyes:

Back