Votes: 47 16.8%
  • Twice a month

Votes: 41 14.6%
  • Three times a month

Votes: 17 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 112 40.0%

• Total voters
Are the posters mostly natural? It seems the amount of flat ironing is really low. I don't wear my hair straight. When I do I tend to up my hair twice in a week with the flat iron.

I'm a natural. On the few occasions that I flat iron during the year, I only flat iron once. I don't do any heat touch ups during the week.

I checked once per months because after September thats what I plan on doing . On average in the past its been 3-4 times for the year

It mostly depends on my mood... Every week to every other week. Then, sometimes I'll go months with doing it.

Up until I joined LHCF about 8weeks ago I was flat Ironing once a week when I wash my hair. But I have only flat ironed my hair once since then (to take my DMV picture) :grin:

I'm getting my hair pressed for the first time since growing it out. Hopefully I will just do it sparingly

It used to be 2x a week, sometimes more :nono:

Now no more than one time per week, sometimes less often. I flatiron and wear it straight like for at least 5 days, then I wear it in a puff the rest of the week. So now I'm down to about 3 times a month, sometimes 4.

I have my hair flat-ironed every 10 weeks when I get my touch-up.

Sometimes if my hair is really frizzy (like it was this morning) I'll run a flat iron thru it to smooth it out. Luckily it isn't that bad often.

Your hair is so pretty. How do you keep it straight since you never flat iron it?

I'm also curious. I'm relaxed and typically wear my hair straight or in flat-iron curls. What styles do relaxed girls wear otherwise? I've never been able to roller set my own hair. Not only does it come out poofy, but I lose more hair than I would like from the wet manipulation.

I haven't straightened or flat-ironed my hair since I started my jouney 2 years ago. The most I did was lightly blowdry before getting my hair braided. I'm natural

i used to go for 5-6 months w/o heat but now i flatiron roughly every 2-3 weeks,sometimes i go up to 1.5 months w/o heat.
i flatiron more in summer,wintertime is too cold to wear my hair out so i mostly bun it.

Back