How often do you color??

Kurly K

I colored my hair black in the beginning of June and by the beginning of July my roots were already all brown...I'm happy to see the quick growth but I hate my lighter roots and I've been dying to re color...How often do u ladies re color? ???

I used Bigen and was very impressed so I'll probably be using that again. :yep:

Bigen has crazy levels of PPD!

I used to use it and reviewed it in my color album. It is SO dangerous!

Consider a demi-perm or a different brand! It also tends to lend itself to breakage one application then does well the next. I'd try somethign else! Demi-perms you can use once a month. At least the brand I've tried.

3 times a year, or every 4 months, the darker roots get on my last nerves, but I deal with them b/c the health of my hair is more important.

I haven't had any problems with breakage or dryness, Directly after I color, I use Sebastian's Penetrait Protein Treatment or Aphogee's 2 minute reconstructor and I'm good. I do weekly moisture DC's for the remainder of the month, then trickle down to twice a month (alternating between protein and moisture DC's), cowash as often as I like and I'm good until my next application.

Last edited:
Bigen has crazy levels of PPD!

I used to use it and reviewed it in my color album. It is SO dangerous!

Consider a demi-perm or a different brand! It also tends to lend itself to breakage one application then does well the next. I'd try somethign else! Demi-perms you can use once a month. At least the brand I've tried.

so what kind do u suggest? i've been coloring black for about 4 yrs now and there r only a few brands that actually work. my hair tends to change color on its own so it wont stay black black. even now i have some red curls hidden that i have no clue where they came from

I henna every 2 months to cover greys and strengthen my hair. I stopped dying my hair in 07 because I am afraid of breakage. I dyed my hair and ruined it on 2 occasions.

Back