How much should you add??

Key

Hello Ladies,

I'm experimenting today. I went out to a local natural food store and bought a few eo's to mix together in a bottle for a homemade moisturizer, but I don't know how much of each to add. Is there a site or a chart somewhere that I can use as a guide or something??

Key said:
Hello Ladies,

I'm experimenting today. I went out to a local natural food store and bought a few eo's to mix together in a bottle for a homemade moisturizer, but I don't know how much of each to add. Is there a site or a chart somewhere that I can use as a guide or something??

If I can find a chart in my million and one bookmarks I'll post. In the meantime, err on the conservative side. YOu only need a few drops (10-15) of e.o. per let's say, 8 oz of carrier oil. I'm pretty heavy-handed, but I'm learning. E.O.s like rosemary, peppermint, eucalyptus are VERY potent. So use your nostrils as a guide. Others like ginger and patchouli are so strong that one single drop can completely change a formulation. Also, I think some e.o.'s can be drying if used in excess. So focus them in on your scalp. I'm thinking of stimulating e.o.s: rosemary, peppermint, etc.

Have fun experimenting and just like any recipe follow the golden rule: You can always add but you can't take away.

hth,
p1

patient1 said:
If I can find a chart in my million and one bookmarks I'll post. In the meantime, err on the conservative side. YOu only need a few drops (10-15) of e.o. per let's say, 8 oz of carrier oil. I'm pretty heavy-handed, but I'm learning. E.O.s like rosemary, peppermint, eucalyptus are VERY potent. So use your nostrils as a guide. Others like ginger and patchouli are so strong that one single drop can completely change a formulation. Also, I think some e.o.'s can be drying if used in excess. So focus them in on your scalp. I'm thinking of stimulating e.o.s: rosemary, peppermint, etc.

Have fun experimenting and just like any recipe follow the golden rule: You can always add but you can't take away.

hth,
p1
Thank you for the information, what you just put up has already helped me. But if you do happen to find a chart or something I'd greatly appreciate that too. Thank you. :)

Back