How Much Oil Do You Use In A Typical Year?

vtoodler

How much oil do you think that you use in a typical year?

For example, 100 ounces, 150 ounces, 200 ounces, etc?

And what are some of your staple oils?

Good question! I think I use between 50 to 75 ounces yearly. My staples are castor(edges) and sunflower(length) oils. I also use Hot Six oil as well. Oh yeah, I have a bottle of garlic oil too.

Lol, somewhere near to a gallon maybe? That's regular use of castor, Coconut, Sesame, Shea, Grapeseed, Hemp, Red Palm, and Wheat Germ Oil. There are others, but they're used sparingly like the Cupuacu butter, and Shaelo.

Maybe 50-100 ounces per year:

It depends on what it is. Currently in my Stash:

BLENDS (In no particular order)
Marie Dean Argan Blend
Marie Dean Baobab Oil Blend
Hairveda's Avosoya
Hairveda's Cocosta
Hydratherma Naturals Growth Oil
Hair Trigger Growth Elixir
Shea Moisture Restorative Elixir
Darcy's Botanicals Oil Spritz
Brown Butter Beauty Neem Oil

NATURAL:
EVOO
EVCO
Jojoba
Pure Argan
Pure Emu

WOULD LIKE TO RE-UP ON
Avocado
Hempseed
JBCO Extra Dark

Oooh interesting topic OP! Now that I think about it, I'd say about 2 Litres = about 66 oz. lol considering I only pre-poo and seal, that seems like a lot! I'm not even going to try to think about conditioner :giggle:

Oils I use: (in random order)
Castor
Hemp seed
Wheat germ
Almond
Rice bran

On occassion:
Jojoba
Coconut

ETA: Ok, so I really thought I was doing something, but comparing now, I am a featherweight :lol::lol:

Last edited:
3+ gallons in a year

coconut & extra virgin olive oil used most often

I also use soybean, castor, sunflower, sesame oils -- using more soybean lately because it can be purchased by the gallon at the supermarket.

I recently purchased half gallon of grapeseed oil

I usually infuse the oils with ayurvedic herbs e.g. single or mixed combinations of amla, hibiscus, fenugreek, henna, shikakai, brahmi, maka, etc.

I swim daily most of the year, fish in the surf and usually wash my hair at least twice per day (oil rinses, pre-poo with oil, co-wash overnight dc with oil). I also seal with oil on edges and ends.

Idk alot Im constantly buyin because I put my AB Herbal Oil and my growth oil in everything plus I oil my scalp after every cowash, wash, and dc

I don't use a lot, but I have three 32 oz bottles of different oils. I need to figure out how to use it up.

About 24 ounces of jojoba oil as a sealent and about 60 ounces of extra virgin coconut oil as a prepoo. These two are my staples:rolleyes:

I have never thought about this so I really don't know. My staples are coconut oil, rice bran oil, sweet almond oil, and castor oil. I use them alone or in mixes.

Like @choctaw
I use a few gallons since I use it not only for my hair, but my body, and bath as well. I'm aways adding oil to conditioners, doing a pre poo with them, and infusing something with them.
I use coconut, hemp, almond, avocado, argan, shea, olive, castor, grapeseed, macadamia, and garlic oils.

Last edited:
3+ gallons in a year

coconut & extra virgin olive oil used most often

I also use soybean, castor, sunflower, sesame oils -- using more soybean lately because it can be purchased by the gallon at the supermarket.

I recently purchased half gallon of grapeseed oil

I usually infuse the oils with ayurvedic herbs e.g. single or mixed combinations of amla, hibiscus, fenugreek, henna, shikakai, brahmi, maka, etc.

I swim daily most of the year, fish in the surf and usually wash my hair at least twice per day (oil rinses, pre-poo with oil, co-wash overnight dc with oil). I also seal with oil on edges and ends.

:violin:I love your hairlife! I don't care how your hair looks, I want that life :drunk:
Wow, to fish in the surf, I have never fished a day in my life, but I want to fish in the surf. I got to get back to my swimming.

Oh, I am suppose to be talking about oil I use somewhere between a quart, and a half gallon a year. Course I am going to need gallons once I start surf fishing.:surf:

Maybe 1/2 of a gallon.

Avocado oil: on top of my conditioner

Castor oil: in my leave-in

Grapeseed oil/Jojoba oil: to soak my ouchless bands for banding, and to unravel my twists for a twist out

Probably 16 oz tops, I only use a little Grapeseed oil, and Avocado oil and Olive Oil in my deep conditioners.

Back