How much do you plan to spend on hair in 2011?

I have no clue how much I'll spend. I am just beginning my journey so buying new products is fun and necessary in order for me to know what my hair likes and dislikes. I never do things for myself anymore so I will not feel guilty about taking care of my hair. I'll try not to jump on every bandwagon though.

wow guys, some of us r spending 1000+ on hair its crazy to sit down and do the math and watch it add up. I love this thread so far keep it commin' ladies I have to show dh so he wont think Im so bad. lol

wow guys, some of us r spending 1000+ on hair its crazy to sit down and do the math and watch it add up. I love this thread so far keep it commin' ladies I have to show dh so he wont think Im so bad. lol

lol, if i remember by the end of next year i will return to this thread and see if im close- but hopefully i dont go over 1000- its the hair supplies that kill me like the flat irons, curing iron, and i might decide to get a steamer :lachen:- lord let me get outta this thread- im sitting here lookin at other peoples responses thinking of more things to purchase! (runs outta thread......)

Last edited:
I will have to sit and do some serious calculations - but... off the top of my head:

5-8 touch ups (depending on how long each stretch is) @ $55/each = $275-440
I am usually gifted my moisturizers and conditioner because I have my entire family using it so they keep me in business!!!
Leave-In conditioners/sprays = $75
I don't need a single new oil - I have enough to last beyond 2011 probably.... = $0
Now here is the biggie...I plan on investing in a professional sew in for the summer of 2011, extensions ~ $250, plus cost of install = $125

So far that's a total of $890...to add in miscellaneous and a lil bit of my PJ that will want to try new things, I will say I will spend about $1000, which was actually my estimation before actually doing any calculations. So so sad...I hate to think what the budget was when I was a regular salon goer....let alone when I first began my HHJ. :nono:

Ummm I want to buy some hair and wigs at Rockey trading, roughly $90
I may need to restock on castor oil, long aid, glycerine, and shea butter (the shea is a big maybe cause my SIL sent me a ton from Ghana) about 40

My PJ conditioner urges.... um 60
my accessory habit about 60

I think that's it.... $250 but don't hold me to it. I may get happy if there is a steamerand or maxiglide sale. I'm just saying.

I do not feel guilty about my purchases. My bills are paid, I have an emergency fund and I pay well in to my retirement. I want to enjoy my discretionary funds:yep:

So i added up all my figures and it came up to 538 dollars. But my SO figured that'll be way less then that. His accounting buddy puts me around 200 based on changing circumstances (going natural,finding my staples). I also realize that i use way less product now that I baggy. And since i have my version of kimmaytube leave in i am only using a small portion of multiple products instead one whole item at a time. My SO is honestly more worried about my other obsessions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Excluding any Skala products, I should spend no more than $120.00 -

• Hair baggies (8 @ $1.50 per pack)
  • Sofn Free Really Deep Treatment (10 @ $.97)
  • Porosity Control Conditioner (3 @ $9.99)
  • Professional Silkworks Serum (2 @ $9.99)
  • Castor Oil ($3.50)
  • Sofn Free Strengthening Creme ($4.00)
  • Relaxers (4-6 @ $4.99@)

I plan on buying a really good flat iron and blow dryer this year.

For my Skala, there is no limit...:lick:

I will only buy shower caps and aloe vera juice in 2011. Might get a sew in ..

I have enough hair care stuff

A bunch of stuff from Curl Junkie and I'll have to load up on my Elucence conditioner several times next year but I told my husband that for Christmas I want a hair product stipend amongst other things so that's how I'll fund it.

Thats funny cause thats wht dh and I discussed too wich is wht prompted me to sit down and figure out how much I'll need for the entire yr. But everytime I check th ethread I find something else I want or forgot. Now I need a steamer. Thanks alot yall lol

A bunch of stuff from Curl Junkie and I'll have to load up on my Elucence conditioner several times next year but I told my husband that for Christmas I want a hair product stipend amongst other things so that's how I'll fund it.

Probably alot more than I do now. Ive gotten the urge to buy salon products(Redken, Mizani, Nexxus, Joico, ect). So yea prob double of what I send now, it its prob wont be to bad since Im not really a PJ and dont have tons of product ne way

Well seeing as how this year, I will say I spent a good $500 which isnt that bad seeing all that I got. Next year though...

I want a split ender - $50
good professional hair scissors - $75
I'm on the hunt for the perfect flat iron so thats another $200-$300 depending on how many/what kind I buy.
Skala products (poo, condish, leave-in, ect) - anywhere from $50-100
coconut oil - $10
ORS Twist & Loc Gel - $5
Hair accessories - I'll say $200 for now, but I know it could get worse...much worse.
PJism - Giving myself a $100 limit

So... in anywhere form $700 - 850

Definitely gonna spend more in 2011

I do not want to spend more than $500.00 this year, I will try to be closer to $300.00 I bought a steamer and lots of oils (Emu,castor, Macademia, sweet almond, ect) this year, I am still looking for a great DC for use with my steamer, will probaly try the natural butters (Shea butter makes my hair sooo soft-when used on dry hair). This will be a growing year for me. I will spend a lot of time in braids, DC in between. I do not think I will wear my hair out at all this year (unless I start to see breakage from the braids).

There are some staples that I will always replace, Aloe vera Gel, Castor Oil and MegaTek. Anything else is gravy.

I'm thinking in the area of $400. I'll still stick to my tried and true product list, while venturing towards a few new additions (e.g. ayurvedic herbs) and, perhaps, a new flat-iron and hooded dryer. But, all in all, I can't say that I would spend more than that.

I am getting $365 gift card for myself. I don't need any new products at all, this will cover my relaxers, BKT and any little trinkets I need. I don't need more shampoo, conditioner, clarifers or anything else at the moment but wig caps. I have enough lace fronts for a few years :)

Hopefully no more than $1000-$1500.
I hope to be at or close to my goal length in 2011, so what I pay for sew-ins can go toward other hair products :) I want to try hair forks and hair sticks :)

Let's see:

2 henna/ month: 1.5*2*2*12= 72 €
2 big jars of le kair cholesterol: 2*20= 40 €
Extensions if I decide to braid my hair= 10 €
A new seamless comb= 10€
Black silk to make scrunchies: 20 € at most
50 € just in case.
I have everything I need to make my conditioner, my moisturizer, my hair oils and shampoo.

200 € at most.

Good thread OP! I have no idea how much I'm going to spend on my hair. I'm no longer a product junkie, and I'm already struggling to use up my current products. So I shouldn't need that much stuff. I'll allow myself $300 for 2011 ($25/month).

Believe it or not, I'm pretty well set for next year. I'll purchase some Skala, and Bear Fruit Hair leave in and protein treatment, but that's about it. Let's just say, I can give Sleekhair.com a run for their money!

Outside of a new weave purchase with closure from wagmans or halley's curls, barely anything. I'll probably only need to refill on shampoo or condish maybe a couple of times next year.

Definitely over 1k :(. My trim/color cost me ~$330/per session and I try and go the recommended 4x a year. I'm willing to pay that much because the service is excellent and I absolutely adore my stylist and the salon.

Outside of that, I will need to re-up on staple products. I'm budgeting for $1500 for the year.

So according to most of the responses are folks trimming/cutting/styling/relaxing their own strands? I'm surprised a number of you haven't included costs associated with going to the salon.

So according to most of the responses are folks trimming/cutting/styling/relaxing their own strands? I'm surprised a number of you haven't included costs associated with going to the salon.

I agree, half of my budget is going towards my hair dye salon visits.

Back