How much breakage would you have to get daily to stunt your growth?

equestrian

well not stunt it obviously because your hair's always growing, but yeah, I'm sure you know what I mean.

I fell asleep without putting the silk pillowcase on my pillow and woke up to about 20 broken off hairs of various lengths, ranging from a cm, to 2 inches rubbed off on my pillow. I'm really paranoid about breakage and check my shirt three times a day, because I feel like every hair I loose is lost progress.

Last edited:
I think it's normal to lose between 50 and 100 strands of hair daily....maybe you need a trim but I don't think not using a silk pillowcase for one night is going to damage your hair. Just my MO. lol

If the hair is breaking everyday, it doesn't take much. Hair grows slowly, which is why many people who report that their hair doesn't grow are the same ones who have tiny bits of hair all over their clothes, sink, bathroom floor, etc.
They're only tiny hairs, but if those bits are coming off every single day, they can add up to an entire month's worth of growth.

If you only had breakage today from not sleeping on the right pillowcase or whatever, it's not going to kill you. Just moisturize your hair, be more careful next time, and KIM.
But if it's happening every day...then yeah, you may want to look into that.

If the hair is breaking everyday, it doesn't take much. Hair grows slowly, which is why many people who report that their hair doesn't grow are the same ones who have tiny bits of hair all over their clothes, sink, bathroom floor, etc.
They're only tiny hairs, but if those bits are coming off every single day, they can add up to an entire month's worth of growth.

If you only had breakage today from not sleeping on the right pillowcase or whatever, it's not going to kill you. Just moisturize your hair, be more careful next time, and KIM.
But if it's happening every day...then yeah, you may want to look into that.

well my ends were tucked away, it was the short stands near the front that broke.

Back