How much are you paying for Dominican Blowouts?

PassionFruit

when I lived in NYC area I used to get doobies twice a week.. cuz it was $10 a pop and the salon was fast... Same salon now charges $15 up to shoulder length and $20 for "long" hair... includes a free hot oil treatment which is basically a pre-poo... they do an instant conditioner but charge $5-$10 for DC depending on which product you choose... you are free to bring your own product

Now I live in Baltimore area... salons here charge $30-$35 for doobie or wash & set/blowout not including DC or pre-poo

Today I went to a salon right out of DC ( Silver Spring) .. between blowout & conditioner I was set back $50

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF????????

Yes my hair feels good & looks good but geesh... now I remember another reason why I started doing my own hair

Now I need to find a roller-set tutorial followed by a blow-out tutorial cuz I cant be paying this kind of $$$ fo rme AND both my girls on a regular basis

$28 when I bring my own conditioner for DC (@ Lily's in Atlanta) and $35 if I let them use their own DC.

ETA: It's $25 with NO conditioner. They just started charging $3 if you bring your own conditioner because they have the new steam dryers. They actually are charging you $3 to sit under their steamer with your own conditioner :rolleyes:.

The DS I go to most often, I pay $20 for a Doobie. It is $5 more for a DC and $5 more for a blowout and $5 for a trim. So the works would be $35. (They also charge $1 if you don't bring your own bobby pins:perplexed) They charge by length though so some folks start at $10.

I do by own DC and bring my bobby pins so I generally pay $20.

If I venture deeper into the neighbor"hood". I can get everything listed above for $21-$26. Wednesdays is also sale day and everyone pays $10 for the basics.

$20 w/o deep conditioner and $25 w/deep conditioner is the going rate at the salons around here. I don't get my hair done in salons anymore really though.

$30 w/DC. At the salon I go to, her prices have gone up since she opened, but she still give me the old rate since I've been going there from the beginning.

My mom os relaxed and pays 35 to go with a DC in Marietta, GA, HOWEVER when I considered going and askked her to check out prices for me she said they charge 50-60 for naturals :ohwell:

The DS I go to most often, I pay $20 for a Doobie. It is $5 more for a DC and $5 more for a blowout and $5 for a trim. So the works would be $35. (They also charge $1 if you don't bring your own bobby pins:perplexed) They charge by length though so some folks start at $10.

I do by own DC and bring my bobby pins so I generally pay $20.

If I venture deeper into the neighbor"hood". I can get everything listed above for $21-$26. Wednesdays is also sale day and everyone pays $10 for the basics.

I forgot about the bobby pins... they charge $1 for those too if you want to keep em... I never remember to bring mine back

WHOA! $50?? Yeah, that's way too steep. It should be $35 (w/o a DC) and an extra $10 if you want a DC. I get my hair done in Silver Spring also.... scary.

VSlady: I've never heard of any salon charging for bobby pins. :lachen:That's crazy!

Last edited:
M-Thursday--10.00
F-Sunday--15.00

$3- xtra to blow out the roots
$5-to trim
$5-to treat

BRRRRROOOOOOOKKKKKLLLLYYYYYYNNNNNNNN! :grin:

M-Thursday--10.00
F-Sunday--15.00

$3- xtra to blow out the roots
$5-to trim
$5-to treat

BRRRRROOOOOOOKKKKKLLLLYYYYYYNNNNNNNN! :grin:

exactly... Plus my old spot in NYC opens at 6am M-Thurs 5am Fri, Sat & Sun

aint nothing better than leaving the club and getting your do done before going home to bed

Where are you bk ladies going to get your hair done? I get charged $20, $5 for d/c or even $10, depending on the product you use (i always get the cheaper one, lol), then $2 extra for the bobby pins they use to wrap my hair. :rolleyes: When you think about it and consider the price of conditioner, it's ridiculous how much they charge for a d/c.

I have gone to the ones in south orange ave in newark and idowntown rvington for years since I live in between both. But now I go to a dominican unisex in newark and get everything for 20 (it used to be 15 but they say my hair grew...whatever). Its a great way to get a great style for cheap :yep:

I have gone to the ones in south orange ave in newark and idowntown rvington for years since I live in between both. But now I go to a dominican unisex in newark and get everything for 20 (it used to be 15 but they say my hair grew...whatever). Its a great way to get a great style for cheap :yep:

I miss Brick City... another thing that is more expensive here is Braids ( African Salons)...

In Newark & Newark I can get a whole head of Micros for $100- $125..

they want a MINIMUM of $200 here & you have to supply your own hair

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Back