How Many Times Do You Lather...

TrulyBlessed

...when you shampoo and when you conditioner wash. I remember when going to stylists they would lather with shampoo 3 times before conditioning. I used to do this but now I just lather once. I'm not sure how many times to lather with conditioner for conditioner washes.

The dominican salon that I go to for a wash & set usually lather up three times.

I lather once. I wash my hair frequently now. As a child and grown my head would get lathered 2-3 times, very unnecessary if you wash frequently. Maybe needed if you don't wash that often. I lathered/washed once with conditioner when I did do the CO washes.

I lather up as many times as necessary (especially since I love cones). I gotta make sure the build-up is all gone (leaving me with squeaky clean hair - which I love).

The directions on my shampoo bottle says "lather, rinse and repeat". I rarely lather more than twice unless I swim at the gym. If I go swimming I usually wash my hair at the gym to get the chlorine out where Ill lather rinse and repeat. Ill leave the gym with conditioner in my hair. At home then ill wash once more and then deep condition.

I shampoo hairdepending on the amount of lather I get on the first shampoo,and the amount of hair being shampoo, to play it safe twice.

For my daily wash I lather up once.

For my weekly wash I lather up once with my clarifying shampoo and then once more with my moisturizing shampoo.

I lather once and I don't use a lot of shampoo. I really don't lather w/cond washes. I just slap it in and massage my scalp.

I lather twice because my hair becomes limp with buildup and I have those annoying flakes that look like dandruff if I do not shampoo properly.

I lather twice, because I usually use a clarifying shampoo (one lather) followed by a moisturizing shampoo for slip (one lather).

Back