How many times did it take??????

babygirl_00

:confused: How many times did it take before you achieve the braid out/ twist out look you wanted. I flat twist my damp hair last night. When I took my twist down, the sides of my hair were perfect however the back did not come out well at all. :eek:

the more you do it, you figure out what works and how to get the perfect style. I have done it numerous times and it comes out different each time. I still don't know if I have it "perfected" but I usually have good results.

It took me many times. My Hair is so fine that it would look really see thru and I did not like it.

It seemed to work best when I had new growth than a fresh relaxer...it looked fuller and thicker.

Also I think the last time I tried it I just used a moisturizer and Stay so fro on the ends and it then a finishing creme when I took out the braids and it looked nice.

I got so many compliments on it.

Also I did French braids instead of conrows.

Hmm...it takes a little bit of practice. In my opinion, its best to not do twist outs on dripping wet hair. Dumb old me did that last night at about 10:30...I I woke up and took the twists out eight hours later and I look a hot mess! The back is still wet and it's all frizzy...so now it's in a nappy bun...so I'm hiding in my cubicle :)

For me, braid outs dry faster...I don't know why. They do look nicer with the more new growth i have. I'll do one tonight...

Twistout I perfected the first time, and have no problems recreating. Braidout came out great first time, then I ran into many flops, I think I finally got it :look:

ive perfected the braidout and bantu knot out. i tried my the flat twists yesterday and when i took it out, it just didnt look right........

I have been natural for 2 1/2 years now and it took me forever to figure out a twist out. For me my hair has to be COMPLETELY dry to keep it from being frizzy - basically a hot mess. Keep trying, because there is no look that i get more complements from. Try different parts, try twist and braid outs (my fave is the twist out), try with a water bottle instead of wet hair out of the shower, try different sizes too. it does take a ton of practice but it will be worthwhile, after a while it'll just come easy for you... Trust me. When i first did my bc, and realized that being natural is more work than being permed i was ready to give up. Now, I wouldnt have my hair any other way. :grin:

Ok, this is top secret information, but here's the tip:

Use a denman d3 brush on each section before you braid it. I swear this brush has magical powers. When I unbraid my hair, it's smooth, silky and shiny. I think the brush really lays down the cuticle layer.

choqlat said:
I have been natural for 2 1/2 years now and it took me forever to figure out a twist out. For me my hair has to be COMPLETELY dry to keep it from being frizzy - basically a hot mess. Keep trying, because there is no look that i get more complements from. Try different parts, try twist and braid outs (my fave is the twist out), try with a water bottle instead of wet hair out of the shower, try different sizes too. it does take a ton of practice but it will be worthwhile, after a while it'll just come easy for you... Trust me. When i first did my bc, and realized that being natural is more work than being permed i was ready to give up. Now, I wouldnt have my hair any other way. :grin:

OMG,,sometimes I too what to give up......But I'm determine to get it...I'm going to try again this evening. I'm going to CW and let my hair airdry for a few then braid it....I let you ladies know how it comes out tomorrow....
Thanks again for all your comments.....

three tries. My hair looked like I stuck my finger in a socket the first couple of times I did it, but now with the proper product combonation it comes out perfect

Back